Reaction score
Diggs is blowing away the first round CBs so far

Okudah (2)
Henderson (4)
Terrell (1)
Arnette (1)
Gladney (2)
Igbihnogonye (2)

His 10 passes defended show he’s always around the ball. I have to think at least some of that is coaching along with his great ball skills.

The next closest on the team is four guys with 2. Last year for the season Chido led the team with 14 passes defended and Jaylon was second with 9.

that’s incredible!

he’s been targeted the most of any player in the league this year (55) times and has allowed 8th
most completions (32). But a lot of those completions he’s been right there.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
All Diggs needs his experience, the talent that He has is starting to surface, that talent that led most NFL analysts to list him as a late first-round pick, and definitely a steal in the second. The snaps/ experience he picks up in the second half of the season is going to go a long way in solidifying that big second-year jump that I'm already expecting. Rumble young man Rumble!

Ozone22

Reaction score
I like Diggs and the upside he brings. Yeah, he has been burnt on big plays but what CB can say they have never given up a big play, especially as a rookie? I believe Diggs will turn out to be a decent CB in the future.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He's flashed at times, but overall he's not been very good. You can see the talent and athletic ability is there, he's just so inexperienced. I think he could be one of those guys who takes a couple of seasons to really put it all together. In the meantime, he has the ball skills to make QBs pay for terrible throws, which is what he did last night.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
CB’s take a long time to develop in the league, much like any DB. It’s easy for a WR or RB to come in and light up the league, sometimes even rookie QB’s, but defensive players have to adjust to playing the superior talents. Not many great CB’s have had groundbreaking or even great rookie seasons. He has shown flashes and he will definitely grow. He just needs time.

It would also help if he had more help in the backfield. His safety and other CB help is little to none. With experience and more help (hopefully from the draft) he will turn into a top 10 or even top 5 corner down the line. Only time will tell.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't think he'll be a shutdown type of corner but more of Janoris Jenkins type of CB.

He'll give up some but also get some too.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Diggs is blowing away the first round CBs so far

Okudah (2)
Henderson (4)
Terrell (1)
Arnette (1)
Gladney (2)
Igbihnogonye (2)

His 10 passes defended show he’s always around the ball. I have to think at least some of that is coaching along with his great ball skills.

The next closest on the team is four guys with 2. Last year for the season Chido led the team with 14 passes defended and Jaylon was second with 9.

that’s incredible!

he’s been targeted the most of any player in the league this year (55) times and has allowed 8th
most completions (32). But a lot of those completions he’s been right there.

he improves every game.

definite starter.

2020 draft is paying off big time.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
CB’s take a long time to develop in the league, much like any DB. It’s easy for a WR or RB to come in and light up the league, sometimes even rookie QB’s, but defensive players have to adjust to playing the superior talents. Not many great CB’s have had groundbreaking or even great rookie seasons. He has shown flashes and he will definitely grow. He just needs time.

It would also help if he had more help in the backfield. His safety and other CB help is little to none. With experience and more help (hopefully from the draft) he will turn into a top 10 or even top 5 corner down the line. Only time will tell.

Remember, he went to 'Bama as a WR. He didn't become a full-time CB until his Sophomore year.

JBS

Reaction score
Tbh outside Okudah and Henderson, I didnt see much difference between the 1st and 2nd round guys. I think there were alot of reaches in the first at CB

How are Okudah and Henderson doing?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In three years Diggs might be a more valuable player to the Cowboys then CeeDee. Cornerbacks with ball skills are that important with the way teams throw the football.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
While I know he's gonna get beat a few more times over these last 8 games, Sunday night just looked like the light came on for him. Even that TD to Fulgham looked like a few TD's B. Jones gave up - just a good route to create space by the WR and the throw was only where the WR was gonna get it.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Depending on value of other positions in draft I’d draft 2 more in the first 3 rounds that have ball skills like Diggs.

It would make a lot of inexperienced QBs gun shy if there’s 3 guys out there who could go pick 6 on you.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

100%.... and every QB knows to target the rookie CB, hence he gets swamped.

He's coming along nicely.

The only word of warning for us is, if we think we're going to build our defense via ONLY the draft, it's going to take a long time.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hes also had about 4-5 that he's got his hands on and the receiver made the catch. We aren't used to this and it's what Ive been wanting for years, a corner who makes plays on the ball. Only gonna get better.