Did you know there is a professional football league for women?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't know this thing even existed until the other day when I met a gal who played running back for my local team. I had an interesting conversation with her. For those assuming any woman's league is full of...well, without a better way to write this..... full of butch dykes, she actually looked pretty good. She was obviously chiseled and she didn't look like a model, but she didn't come across as Big Momma, if you know what i mean.

I asked her who the biggest lineman was on her team and she told me 280 lbs. I also asked her what kind of offense a female pro league ran, and she told me that they did a lot of passing and ran a good amount of trips packages. She said the football they used was the same situation as the WNBA. The ball was reduced in size a little.

Anyways, her team was suffering a bit (they got thrashed in their season opener 24-7 or something like that) because they had some short corners. LOL She said her secondary got burned a lot because they were rookies and not that tall although they did have a hard hitting safety. :cool: (Yes, I got Cowboys deja vu after hearing that. :D )

I was just curious if any of you fellas had ever watched them play? I had no idea this thing even existed. She gave me a free ticket (not much of a bid deal, they still play in high school stadiums) and even though I really have no interest in following this sport, I was excited for her because it was a new pro league and reminiscent to the days when players had to have another job and get by without a millionarie league. I know it just don't feel right for women to play football but I hope they succeed because I'm always rooting for the underdog with a dream.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Can she play Free Safety? :D

LOL. She might have been the same height as Keith Davis. Hell, we need a few new players at several positions. She can try out at safety, kicker, and even as our nickel corner! :p:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, I knew about this league. They did a report on it on the news down here. Cuz they have a Houston squad. And when Houston didn't have a team for a minute, they were trying to push that as an alternative. Yeah, right. Even though they were actually a winning team, I couldn't see myself watching women play football. I watch women b-ball, but then I ref it too, so I have a little more than a passing interest.

Anyway, I've seen some of the women and they all don't look like, uhhmm for lack of a better term, lesbians. Some of the women they even profiled were married with children and of course had jobs. The league doesn't pay much money, if any, at all. So most of 'em are doing it for the love of the game.

Personally, as much as I wanted to play football when I was a kid, no way I'd do it now. I'm all about the paper. My time is not free. So if it can't compensated properly, then I have no interest in it. I ref b-ball, not only cuz I like the smell of a funky gym, but cuz they pay me. Not much, but I get paid for the little time I do spend on it.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Not only is there a chicks league. But Dallas has one of if not THE best team.

Last years results..

July 31

Syracuse
Sting
Home
W
49-0
August 7
BYE
August 14

Houston
Energy Home
W
28-26
August 21

Missouri Avengers Home
W
90-0
August 28

Houston
Energy at
Houston
W
33-13
September 4
BYE
September 11

New York Dazzles at
New York
W
67-0
September 18

Arizona Caliente Home
W
56-30
September 25

Thee Toledo Reign Home
W
68-0
October 2

Arizona Caliente at
Arizona
W
35-13
October 9

Missouri Avengers at
Missouri
W
Forfeit
October 16

So Cal Scorpions at
California
W
43-7

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
My cousin is about 280-300 lbs, and is considering trying out for line[wo]man. She would be a helluva guard......

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
This thread is worthless without pics :D

Sorry someone had to do it

Just picture Rosie O'Donnell with a bloody nose and a jock strap.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Chief said:
I'll leave that visual to you. I was referring to the lady he was talking too :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Chief said:

Now that's a scary image. :eek:

If you want to know what their linemen look like, picture one of these celebs in pads. :p:

mimi.jpg
vert.carter.jpg