Did You Know This About Jerry Jones?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I was listening to Dallas radio late yesterday afternoon and Mike Florio was brought on to 105.3.

He stated there is a cadre of owners who are working on resigning Goodell. They are deciding what his compensation will be when they offer a contract two years from now. Speculation is it will be a five year contract for Goodell. They added four more owners to the original four totaling eight.

Seems Jerry has wangled his way in as the 9th owner in an ad hoc member capacity.

The discussion led me to believe this was before the league finished their one year witch hun.....er....thorough investigation, and had nothing to do with the results of a six game ban. However, Florio went on to say Jones had spoken with Kia Roberts prior to the announced decision, and she told him she was suggesting no missed games. Mainly because she sees many flaws in Tiffany Thompson's outline of events.

Jones was already on this panel determining Goodell's compensation package before he spoke with Kia Roberts. But from Florio, Jerry Jones was furious when the punishment came down.

Now imagine finding out Kia Roberts was not in the meeting to decide the league's position on Elliott. I can only guess that Jerry had to take a heart pill when that came down. Maybe a half bottle.

Jerry horned his way into this panel of owners because he thought Goodell made too much money, said Florio.

The host of the show asked Florio if Jerry has detractors among the league owners. Florio said yes, there was a small group that thought he was over-stepping his power, and perhaps Jerry isn't as powerful as he (Jerry) thinks.

My thoughts. With Snyder in with Jerry on the butt whoopin' over the uncapped year they both were fined huge amount of cap space, and Robert Kraft watching Brady being sit down for Deflategate, Jerry's power, great or moderate, aligned with those other two who are huge among the owners could spell an exit for Rog "Here com da judge" Goodell shortly.

Florio commented that Kia Roberts said the league cannot prove Elliott did anything. Subsequently, and not a part of this interview, I read there are witnesses to Tiffany Thompson getting into a bar fight with another woman on the day she claims Zeke pulled her from the car and beat her. Among the witnesses were a pair of off duty cops. That seems thin about the cops, but there it is. But among the witnesses numbered bystanders who were not associated with Zeke nor Thompson.

Florio proffered the ordeal with Zeke has nothing to do with the evidence, but with the league making certain Tiffany Thompson didn't file a law suit later and somehow a video came out heretofore not seen revealing Zeke did beat her. They do not want another Ray Rice incident, and will sacrifice the career and post career profit taking of this player so the league (in the eyes of Roger Goodell) appears tough on domestic violence.

Florio said to him this was a kangaroo court and nothing more. Just to go through the motions to be certain nothing came back on the league and has nothing to do with Zeke's innocence or guilt.

One last point he made.

Why hasn't Tiffany Thompson filed a lawsuit?

Florio posed this question, then answered it.

Because she would be required to take the stand and testify under oath with penalty of prison the facts she has stated are true.