Did You Know...

mperfection

Reaction score
that ALL 8 of the Cowboys' draft picks have potential to be productive starters or role players for the 'boys for at least the next 3 years? When was the last time a team had ALL of its draft picks from a single draft fit this scenario?

Boys, from where it looks here in July 2005, we may have struck gold this past April.

And that's only the draft picks. We could very well keep an UFA or two on the roster this year.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Everytime I start getting giddy about this year's draft, classs, the faces of Rogers and Peterman pop up in my mind.

NOT that both kids couldn't end up starters, but that til we are out of camp we won't even have a sense of how lucky we're going to be this year.

And that's what the chief factor is in your prediction coming true. LUCK

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Everytime I start getting giddy about this year's draft, classs, the faces of Rogers and Peterman pop up in my mind.

NOT that both kids couldn't end up starters, but that til we are out of camp we won't even have a sense of how lucky we're going to be this year.

And that's what the chief factor is in your prediction coming true. LUCK

I made myself a promise to insert pencils into my ears everytime I start to buy the hype about some great talent we have, especially the sleepers, who show great promise in training camp.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I made myself a promise to insert pencils into my ears everytime I start to buy the hype about some great talent we have, especially the sleepers, who show great promise in training camp.
You know, Justin Beriault just may start this year. Think about it, he's a 2 time team captain and leading tackler. Great in the huddle. He could start over Reese, Scott or Davis.

:pencil:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You know, Justin Beriault just may start this year. Think about it, he's a 2 time team captain and leading tackler. Great in the huddle. He could start over Reese, Scott or Davis.

:pencil:

Yeah...ya know, I never thought of that...pretty exciting stuff....uh....uhm...wait a second...

I just went through a six pack of number 2's because of you. Thanks for nuthin'

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Yeah...ya know, I never thought of that...pretty exciting stuff....uh....uhm...wait a second...

I just went through a six pack of number 2's because of you. Thanks for nuthin'
Need an eraser?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Quarterback, cornerback, and offensive lineman are the three hardest positions to play in the NFL when coming out of college.

How can we be so cavalier about Rogers and Peterman because they didn't immediately start last season, when they are trying to assimilate one of the toughest spots to play?

I understand the cap puts added pressure on players to perform before they run out of their first contract.

But we as fans should understand this and adjust out thinking.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'm trying not to be overly optimistic, but I think all the draft choices could stick this year.

Its probably not popular, but I think if anyone gets cut, it will be Beriault or Pettiti.

blindzebra

Reaction score
All I can say is 2002 draft.

After that season we were all pretty sure Williams, Gurode, Bryant, Ross, Martin, Hunter and Walter were all going to do something, well....

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

the pointy end?:eek:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

After that season we were all pretty sure Williams, Gurode, Bryant, Ross, Martin, Hunter and Walter were all going to do something, well....

a deep subject...:)

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
mperfection said:
that ALL 8 of the Cowboys' draft picks have potential to be productive starters or role players for the 'boys for at least the next 3 years? When was the last time a team had ALL of its draft picks from a single draft fit this scenario?

Boys, from where it looks here in July 2005, we may have struck gold this past April.

And that's only the draft picks. We could very well keep an UFA or two on the roster this year.

By the same token, all 8 of them have the potential to be busts who are out of the league in 3 years.

I too am excited about the players we drafted and look forward to seeing them blossom into stars for us but not one of them has played a single down in the NFL yet. I am going to hold my enthusiasm on their potential at least until I can see them in a pre-season game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Every time I try that we go out and draft kids. DOH!!
Now I have to pencil them in as starters and future hall of famers. Can't help myself.

Tho we as a group overestimated PEterman/Rogers et al, we surely underestimated Witten and JuJo.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

ON THE NOSEY.

In fact, that draft was heralded as Jerry's turn around. He finally "got it"

Oh he got it alright.

He got it ALL wrong.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
the pointy end?:eek:

Well yeah, as my hero, Lewis Black says...if I am gonna be in this much pain, I want it to be self inflicted.

:D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Every time I try that we go out and draft kids. DOH!!
Now I have to pencil them in as starters and future hall of famers. Can't help myself.

Tho we as a group overestimated PEterman/Rogers et al, we surely underestimated Witten and JuJo.

Hey, you made a funny. That's two for 2005. I forget the other one though. :D

Yeah I hear ya but I fall prey to the hype of some player EVERY pre-season. We've already started to hear the hype about Radclilff.

I ain't buyin' it this year. Nope Nope Nope.

mperfection

Reaction score
junk said:
I'm trying not to be overly optimistic, but I think all the draft choices could stick this year.

Its probably not popular, but I think if anyone gets cut, it will be Beriault or Pettiti.
Agreed. However, I really think there is something to this Beriault kid. He may be a poor man's (what's the name of the SS for the Ram's?). Beriault will be in his prime two years from now. He seems to have the physical stature and instincts for the game, he just needs to get up to NFL-caliber speed.

I like Petitti's size - we just need to see how he performs on the field.

I really think this year's draft class could put us in a pickle, cap-wise, in a couple of years because they would all be good enough to keep.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Does anyone believe that players gewt drafted with the expectation that they will not at least make the practice squad ? I sure dont.

Mike Williams has the "potential" to lead the league in TDs and Yards.

Potential is such a broad word that can be applied in many aspects of performance.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

but some of tose guys had one problem or another coming our of college,

bryant ross attidude.

Give one player like that in 2004 draft.