Did You Know...

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
but some of tose guys had one problem or another coming our of college,

bryant ross attidude.

Give one player like that in 2004 draft.

You totally missed my point.

We were all giddy in 2002 right after the draft and even more so after their rookie season, now Williams is the only sure thing from that draft.

We learned not to take players like Ross/Bryant and all of this draft appear to be model citizens, but...

Ware small school DE moving to LB = ?

Canty injury concerns = ?

Petitti weight and desire = ?

The rest just having never played in the NFL = ?

Would I rather have those ??? than self-destructive nut jobs like Ross and Bryant? Darn right, but until a couple of years go by it's too soon to say these guys will be the Dirty Dozen.

Potentially they have a shot because we got players in positions we need with character and others that slipped to later rounds that many had ranked two to three rounds higher.

Just don't put them in the HOF, unless you like being disappointed.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Barring injuries I agree with mperfection.

On another note, I don't know what is coming over me. Before I never overly fretted over injuries but now I loose sleep over it. Maybe I need to stop reading all of the Chicken Little post here. :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You totally missed my point.

We were all giddy in 2002 right after the draft and even more so after their rookie season, now Williams is the only sure thing from that draft.

We learned not to take players like Ross/Bryant and all of this draft appear to be model citizens, but...

Ware small school DE moving to LB = ?

Canty injury concerns = ?

Petitti weight and desire = ?

The rest just having never played in the NFL = ?

Would I rather have those ??? than self-destructive nut jobs like Ross and Bryant? Darn right, but until a couple of years go by it's too soon to say these guys will be the Dirty Dozen.

Potentially they have a shot because we got players in positions we need with character and others that slipped to later rounds that many had ranked two to three rounds higher.

Just don't put them in the HOF, unless you like being disappointed.

I'm not saying your wrong, i'mjust saying the 2002 draft was filled with guys who dont have as much upside as the guys we have now, not saying they are all going to the HOF, but they have a better chance than the 2002, espically now:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
I'm not saying your wrong, i'mjust saying the 2002 draft was filled with guys who dont have as much upside as the guys we have now, not saying they are all going to the HOF, but they have a better chance than the 2002, espically now:D

Williams, Bryant, and Gurode were all considered first round talent by many scouts.

Ross was among the top 5 CBs, and some had him as a first round pick.

Martin was the top FB in the draft.

I'd call that upside.;)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Williams, Bryant, and Gurode were all considered first round talent by many scouts.

Ross was among the top 5 CBs, and some had him as a first round pick.

Martin was the top FB in the draft.

I'd call that upside.;)

But didnt they all have a downside to, outside of their skill

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
But didnt they all have a downside to, outside of their skill

You mean like switching to a new position, injuries, or weight concerns? :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You mean like switching to a new position, injuries, or weight concerns? :D

Ware is not really moving to a new postion, and Canty ahh nothing to say, and Petti he's already gotten over that, unlike some(cough cough blade and others)

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Ware is not really moving to a new postion, and Canty ahh nothing to say, and Petti he's already gotten over that, unlike some(cough cough blade and others)

Small school DE to NFL OLB is not a new position? Okay, if you say so.

Pettiti had serious weight issues and some recent quotes suggest that he may have some trouble getting it, which is why he got drafted when he did.

Don't get me wrong, I hope all of these guys make the team and become starters...or in Barbers case a solid back up/3rd down back...but I, like many, had similar hopes in 2002/3 about that draft.

The pessimist is never disappointed.;)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Small school DE to NFL OLB is not a new position? Okay, if you say so.

Pettiti had serious weight issues and some recent quotes suggest that he may have some trouble getting it, which is why he got drafted when he did.

Don't get me wrong, I hope all of these guys make the team and become starters...or in Barbers case a solid back up/3rd down back...but I, like many, had similar hopes in 2002/3 about that draft.

The pessimist is never disappointed.;)

niether is a realist:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Bill Parcell's :D

Good answer, but Tuna is a self-proclaimed pessimist, who has made quotes like, "Let's not start carving that bust for Canton, just yet," when young players got too much hype.:D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Good answer, but Tuna is a self-proclaimed pessimist, who has made quotes like, "Let's not start carving that bust for Canton, just yet," when young players got too much hype.:D

Nah, he justhates the media:D:D only Jerry Jones knows what Bill really thinks;)

blindzebra

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Nah, he justhates the media:D:D only Jerry Jones knows what Bill really thinks;)

Don't fool yourself, I remember the PC straight from Jerry McGuire where Bill said he was too pessimistic but Jerry's optimism balances him out.

A you complete me, if you will.:D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Don't fool yourself, I remember the PC straight from Jerry McGuire where Bill said he was too pessimistic but Jerry's optimism balances him out.

A you complete me, if you will.:D

I never said he wasnt:D

i said he hates the media:D:D, but really i think this class has a better chance at being starters then does our 2002 class, we have a better coach and better charcter(most before you say anything) and a better team around,

(key, Glenn, Aaron,and many others)