Diesel Fuel

terra

Reaction score
first I head of it; sounds like a local or regional distribution problem, not a national one.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hopefully they get it worked out before it spreads beyond the Southeast, and before it affects life too hard down there.
What I've been looking at has been saying all U.S., but I don't know how it goes. The truckers don't seem worried, so I guess it's ok...just wondering if anyone had some insight.

So what's going on in the Southeast right now?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What I've been looking at has been saying all U.S., but I don't know how it goes. The truckers don't seem worried, so I guess it's ok...just wondering if anyone had some insight.

So what's going on in the Southeast right now?
I'll be honest, I knew nothing about this until your thread. I'm up in New England, and while the price of diesel is high, I haven't heard anything about a shortage.

terra

Reaction score
after digging around there are two reasons:

due to low demand because of the pandemic, etc several older and less efficient refineries were shut down; small ones but they add up. the second is we are no longer importing diesel and other petroleum products from Russia. One or the other we could handle with the increased demand there is now; not both.

So there are going to be price spikes and problems probably through to next summer.

Mr_437

Reaction score
after digging around there are two reasons:

due to low demand because of the pandemic, etc several older and less efficient refineries were shut down; small ones but they add up. the second is we are no longer importing diesel and other petroleum products from Russia. One or the other we could handle with the increased demand there is now; not both.

So there are going to be price spikes and problems probably through to next summer.
Thanks @terra. I did hear from MuthaTrucker the 25 days of diesel left was actually the reserves, which are lower than normal perhaps due to what you've mentioned. So, I don't think it's a panic situation just more price inflation across the board, even more than we've already experienced.

terra

Reaction score
Thanks @terra. I did hear from MuthaTrucker the 25 days of diesel left was actually the reserves, which are lower than normal perhaps due to what you've mentioned. So, I don't think it's a panic situation just more price inflation across the board, even more than we've already experienced.
Yeah just more inflation; and since so much is moved by trucks which are mostly diesel the price of everything transported goes up as well. And since all railroad locomotives are diesel, same thing.
and this time of year is when a lot of refineries are down for maintenance and switching over to winter blends makes it the worst possible time for all the rest to happen.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
An unplanned shortage of the lifeblood of the strongest economic powerhouse in the world is almost hard to believe

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Is this brought to us by the gaia worshpiers or the WEF great reset crew or both
Klaus-Schwab-Great-Reset.png

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Not that they were related, but I heard we had 25 days left of diesel which worked out to November 21st. 'It is weird that 2 things I had heard about came out on the same day

November 21st was the "big bang cutover" for target 2, which started back in 2017, implementation or switch to digital transactions with the European central banks rtgs system, but it looks like that might have been delayed a few months for further testing

There are lots of interesting things going on

lukin2006

Reaction score
I did not know about a diesel shortage. That could be problematic and lead to even higher inflation. And that is terrible news for poor people, middle class and those on fixed income’s. Hopefully the issues gets resolved.

terra

Reaction score
I did not know about a diesel shortage. That could be problematic and lead to even higher inflation. And that is terrible news for poor people, middle class and those on fixed income’s. Hopefully the issues gets resolved.
as I said I had no clue until this thread. Our wonderful news media ignored it in favor of flashier if MUCH LESS substantial stories.
Sadly a indication of things in general where flash always triumphs over substance.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
as I said I had no clue until this thread. Our wonderful news media ignored it in favor of flashier if MUCH LESS substantial stories.
Sadly a indication of things in general where flash always triumphs over substance.
Most people don't realize how much diesel supply and cost affects them, so while the media will make a big story out of gas prices, they don't get as many views from stories about diesel.