Difference making DT

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Love what they’ve done so far but one more trade could really take the D to that special level. I heard rumor yesterday that Deforest Buckner might be available. Go get a guy like that or maybe reunite DQ with Grady Jarrett. If they can get a difference making 3 or 1 tech, they can focus the draft on Offense. Broaduss has mentioned that they have another move up their sleeves, I hope its for a DT.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would it cost though to make one of those trade?
I do not like giving up draft capital for any players, unless it is another 6th or 7th round pick.
Otherwise sign one of the guys like Robinson then draft a DT in the 1st 3 rounds.
They have done too well in the draft as not to give up any picks 1 through 5.

Unfortunately they still may be too high on their own guys to make such a move.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not like giving up draft capital for any players, unless it is another 6th or 7th round pick.
Otherwise sign one of the guys like Robinson then draft a DT in the 1st 3 rounds.

I agree. The value they got on the last 2 trades gives me hope that maybe a 4 or a 4 and 2024 pick gets it done. They haven’t found a difference making DT in the draft in a long time.

Jipper

Reaction score
I agree. The value they got on the last 2 trades gives me hope that maybe a 4 or a 4 and 2024 pick gets it done. They haven’t found a difference making DT in the draft in a long time.
It's not even that they haven't found one...they haven't committed a top 100 pick to one in as long as I can remember.

Maybe this is the year

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Love what they’ve done so far but one more trade could really take the D to that special level. I heard rumor yesterday that Deforest Buckner might be available. Go get a guy like that or maybe reunite DQ with Grady Jarrett. If they can get a difference making 3 or 1 tech, they can focus the draft on Offense. Broaduss has mentioned that they have another move up their sleeves, I hope its for a DT.
26 sacks in the last 3 years for a DT. Fits Quinns mold for DL to a T. Id be willing to give up a day 2 for him.

Reactions: CWR

Blackrain

Reaction score
We need a guy like Haloti Nagta in his prime.
I'm just not sure if there's anyone like that on the planet at this point

CelticPunk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Buckner rumor was from a false site. I don't think it's legitimate. But, a fatty run stopper would be awesome!

John813

Reaction score
Hell, I would settle for competent this year.

Just get someone who at least can stand his ground in the run game and offers a hint of pass rush ability so our edge players can have better chances.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba is already taken by the time the Cowboys pick at #27, I wouldn't mind they take DT late in the 1st round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You can forget about adding a player of this caliber, believe he is making over 20 million a season. If they add another piece, it would be more of a 1yr flyer. Remember, Diggs/Lamb/Steele/Biaz need to be signed next offseason.

kskboys

Reaction score
And they've passed up a ton of them. Including Grady Jarrett, BTW, the guy just mentioned.

They don't even try.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Let's just get one of the Sumo people from over in Japan. Put him in only on obvious run situations. He's not gonna pressure the QB but he could eat up some lineman to free up our LB's. It's the perfect plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sadly I think we all want a stud DT, but its a total pipe dream with Jerry at the helm. Its just never going to happen.