Different week, different opponent, different matchups

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think it’s going to be harder to run on these guys. Their DL is pretty good even without Allen. I think we win but it will be a battle in the trenches.

I think we can have our way against just about anyone unless they put as much focus as NYG did to stop the run but then they are probably going to give up big plays through the air.

I think they let Zeke / Pollard run a little because they just don't have a real choice.

IF they overplay the run like NYG look for everyone else to have another big game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a work in progress and it worked well against the Giants because they will be picking in the top 6 again this year, probably with new management and coaching.

The Skins DC doesn’t have enough film on Moore yet so this will be more tactical than strategic and he should get a healthier dose of the run game.

Moore did a fine job of taking advantage of the Giants weakness but the Skins are different. This will give us a good look at how he calls it against a better D in a hostile environment which can get really hostile should the Cowboys fall behind.

The Skins are going to be tough as they are 0-1 and they know they should be 1-0. Keenum played well enough to win that game. The Cowboys D better play better than they did in week one.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a work in progress and it worked well against the Giants because they will be picking in the top 6 again this year, probably with new management and coaching.

The Skins DC doesn’t have enough film on Moore yet so this will be more tactical than strategic and he should get a healthier dose of the run game.

Moore did a fine job of taking advantage of the Giants weakness but the Skins are different. This will give us a good look at how he calls it against a better D in a hostile environment which can get really hostile should the Cowboys fall behind.

The Skins are going to be tough as they are 0-1 and they know they should be 1-0. Keenum played well enough to win that game. The Cowboys D better play better than they did in week one.
Yeah our defense was less than stellar Sunday. If they let an average (at best) Wash offense start clicking this will be a tougher game than it should be. Keenum isn’t great, but he’s capable of being good in spots, especially if he has time.

The skins are rolling out a 36 year old retread at LT because Trent Williams is still holding out. No excuses- this is what our big contract DE is designed to do- disrupt.

catiii

Reaction score
Peanut endorses this post! :thumbup:31-30 Cowboys in a shoot out. Deadskins will look good but we will look even better!!! Lots of Cowboy fans' TVs will be smashed when they get a defensive TD against us early.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our RB will get more touches but am excited to see if our Offense can do the same as last week. Our Defense needs to step it up this week. It’s a division game so throw the stats out the window. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah our defense was less than stellar Sunday. If they let an average (at best) Wash offense start clicking this will be a tougher game than it should be. Keenum isn’t great, but he’s capable of being good in spots, especially if he has time.

The skins are rolling out a 36 year old retread at LT because Trent Williams is still holding out. No excuses- this is what our big contract DE is designed to do- disrupt.
We got lucky that our Offense was killing it because barkley was making plays and will give other teams look bad this year also... But we made them 1 dimensional.

J-man

Reaction score
I was at Washington for the game in Daks first season. The stadium shows its age on the concourse but overall I enjoyed the vibe of the place. We were kinda quiet with our Cowboys cheering and the Skins fans were fine with us. We had no issues getting in and out but we traveled with a Skins season ticket holder so maybe he knew the secrets.

I took my son a few years back in Dec. It was about a 50/50 split of fans. The stadium itself is a dump, but the fans were not bad at all, not like Filthydumpia!

Eddie

Reaction score
It will not be a cake walk. 17-14. Last moment FG wins it for us.

catiii

Reaction score
Lots are justly focusing on the D, but since I think both Ds are wanting, I think this will be a surprise high-scoring shootout and a close game.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nope. I've never been, and will never go to that dump of a stadium. It's a nightmare to get in and out of (so I've heard, lol). It's either a live game in Texas, or I'll watch on TV. I had a not great experience watching the Boys in Baltimore, so I'm done going to opposing team stadiums. I totally respect the fans that do, though.

Hate you had to go through that in Baltimore , I remember somebody quoted as saying that Baltimore is "a disgusting rat and rodent-infested mess,". I cant for the life of me remember who it was but perhaps it was an NFL owner? The inner Harbor area is pretty lit though

Batman1980

Reaction score
It's a common thing we do as fans- look at results one week and interpret that to mean we should be able to do that same thing every week. It rarely works out that way in the NFL.

Let me say up front- I think the Cowboys will beat the skins Sunday. But I also expect a completely different type of game than the romp we saw last week against the midgets. Here are the reasons I think this week’s game will be a tougher matchup:
  • The skins have a better defense than the midgets. (Almost any team does at this point) Their DL is pretty salty against the run which means our running game may not get out of the blocks, at least early.
  • Wash likes to blitz more than ny so we will probably see a lot more blitz packages than last week with a ny secondary that was too green to trust in many blitz situations. I expect the skins to send a lot of blitzers early and often. If we pick it up, we will destroy it.
  • It’s on the road and in DC which is usually tougher for us than at home.
  • Skins’ secondary is better on paper than ny. They signed S Landon Collins this offseason and he’s better than any S they had last year. Josh Norman is overrated at CB but the corner on the other side Quinton Dunbar (who missed last yr due to injury) isn’t bad. Overall this defense is pretty good.
  • Their OL is below average so I expect to see DLaw putting more pressure on this week. He’s had a week to get in better playing shape and I think he will step up more against a weak OL.
  • Case Keenum at QB doesn’t scare anyone but if he has time, he can make decent throws. He’s competent, not spectacular. Like most average QBs, if there’s pressure, he’s not going to make plays.
  • I respect Adrian Peterson- especially the AP of 5 years ago. Now? He’s essentially a backup pressed into duty because their starter is hurt.
Bottom Line- I expect us to win in a close game. Something like 20-16 or 24-17. Their defense may make it tough early, so I expect suicide counselors to be available for our fans on the Game Day thread if we don’t score immediately or the skins get a first down, lol.

If we don’t “dominate”, it doesn’t mean this team has taken a step back or that Kellen Moore wasn’t as good as last week. It’s the NFL, and every game is different week to week. Just win baby!

As a future counselor, anyone who needs to go on suicide watch at half-time needs to re-assess their priorities in life.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nice summary Bob. I basically agree however I think this is going to be one of those weeks where the "on paper" and "actual" results differ.

I think we roll again (barring some rash of turnovers or injuries). I see it very similar to last week get rolling & string together scoring drives while our Defense comes determined to have a better performance.

Our O is confident. Washington doesn't have enough film to know what the heck to prepare for and Kellen has the advantage of being able to anticipate the adjustments they might make & have variations of his plays to capitalize. Also kinda feel a Defensive or ST touchdown (or at least sets up easy score).

I think we score 32-42 points & hold them to say 13 maybe 20 if we give up a garbage time TD with our backups.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The defense needs to step up in this game and play better . Hoping everyone is up to speed fo this week on that side of the ball . Excited to see what Moore has instore for skins if Oline plays like last week Dak and Moore will be stars again this week

It all starts with the guys up front winning . When they win we win .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If we don’t “dominate”, it doesn’t mean this team has taken a step back or that Kellen Moore wasn’t as good as last week. It’s the NFL, and every game is different week to week. Just win baby!
good point bob, however, many will still expect the same results or better lol.

Wash was Jekyll and Hyde last week, so I dont know what to expect from them.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good point bob, however, many will still expect the same results or better lol.

Wash was Jekyll and Hyde last week, so I dont know what to expect from them.
I’m not sure either. They were a pretty good team last year until the injuries hit. In addition to losing Alex Smith, they put 27 other guys on IR last year which I believe led the league. That’s over half of their 53 man roster!

They probably weren’t going to win the East last year, but they started out better than we did, then injuries killed them. I believe their defense is a lot better than that pitiful ny D we saw last week. Again, I think we win this game but I don’t see a cakewalk.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Hate you had to go through that in Baltimore , I remember somebody quoted as saying that Baltimore is "a disgusting rat and rodent-infested mess,". I cant for the life of me remember who it was but perhaps it was an NFL owner? The inner Harbor area is pretty lit though
Haha, it's true for a lot of that city. The Inner Harbor is great, and I've been to tons of Orioles games. When you park a few blocks out, as you're walking to the game all you see is the stadiums and the awesome Inner Harbor. Then after the game, when you're walking back to your car, you cross a certain intersection and suddenly there are bars on all the windows and you're like "I don't remember walking through here!" Totally different view, lol!