Diggs, Overshown on track for Cowboys camp return

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is VERY good news!!! Great article and I encourage everyone to read the entire thing.

Diggs, Overshown on track for Cowboys camp return​

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:00 AM
Patrik Walker
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

k0owxlvapq3wbvaxbbrj.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — Two absences that likely caught up to the Dallas Cowboys once the postseason rolled around were that of All-Pro cornerback Trevon Diggs and promising rookie linebacker DeMarvion Overshown, both having suffered a torn ACL earlier in the season.

But as the team begins preparation for the myriad of offseason tasks they must undertake to try and improve the team for 2024, they'll do so with promising news in tow for both players.

No, you probably won't hear about either getting fully cleared for voluntary OTAs or minicamp in June. According to the team's front office, however, there's a more than solid chance one or both could escape the physically unable to perform (PUP) list to begin training camp in July.

Diggs is at the point of his recovery wherein he no longer requires an apparatus or brace of any sort while rehabbing his surgically-repaired knee, and Overshown has been in the same space for weeks now— both beginning to ramp-up their respective workload, albeit cautiously, with the Cowboys' training staff.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/diggs-overshown-on-track-for-cowboys-camp-return

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you probably won't hear about either getting fully cleared for voluntary OTAs or minicamp in June. According to the team's front office, however, there's a more than solid chance one or both could escape the physically unable to perform (PUP) list to begin training camp in July.

This was my 1st thought. Yes they will be ready for TC but will start on PUP.
I still say that could very well happen. If not PUP, then they will be off to the side working with the trainers.

Book it!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As much as I hope Overshown is an answer at LB, I can't help but feel that he actually isn't.... he hasn't proven a thing yet and he is coming off a major injury. Ideally, he will make a much bigger impact next year.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Over shown is a rookie essentially coming off an acl…it’s encouraging he’s coming back but don’t expect much. Diggs likely won’t be close to the player he was for most of the season.
Was helps in the diggs situation was it being so early in the season. Huge difference between having that same injury in September vs having it in January in regards to next season

advent11

Reaction score
Overshown will solve our problems at linebacker. Looked like an all pro last year in the brief time we saw him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As much as I hope Overshown is an answer at LB, I can't help but feel that he actually isn't.... he hasn't proven a thing yet and he is coming off a major injury. Ideally, he will make a much bigger impact next year.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Overshown will solve our problems at linebacker. Looked like an all pro last year in the brief time we saw him.
this is the kind of talk that gets us in trouble every single year thinking that a player will solve our problems

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was helps in the diggs situation was it being so early in the season. Huge difference between having that same injury in September vs having it in January in regards to next season
doesn't matter he still will need a full season to be confident

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Overshown is one of the few players I’m excited to watch in 2024.
I was really excited about him during camp last year until he got injured. Hope he returns to the form he showed then. However, it’s going to be tough coming off an ACL. That injury set him back and it might not be until next year to fully recover from it.