Diggs, Overshown on track for Cowboys camp return

Kwyn

Reaction score
Good news, particularly with Diggs.

Overshown still has to demonstrate ability somewhere other than training camp but I’m certainly hopeful.

Reactions: JPM

chagus

Reaction score
Sucks. I had told my father ( hes got dementia from strokes) about Overshown "The Torpedo" after the draft. He was SO EXCITED about him! Constantly asking me about how the torpedo was doing. Then sadly... i had to give Pops the bad news. I hope he lives long enough to see Overshown kick some a** and help get this team DEEP into the playoffs, at least.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Overshown may need to put on a little weight to play Lb , in Zimmer's scheme. Or he could be moved to strong safety, in this defense. It could work either way I believe.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Glad both are on the road to normal recovery. But players coming off serious leg injuries always raise concerns. The doctors will pronounce them as "fully recovered" and "normal." And they probably can walk and run in a straight line; they probably can preform nicely in the training room on weights and stuff. But you never know if they can play football on the same level as before until you see them in scrimmages and games. We Cowboy fans have seen some come back after injury as good as ever. But we also have seen several (many recently BTW) that have struggled to get it back.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I'm with the "tap the brakes" crowd here.

If they come back same or better I will be the first one to jump into the happy camper crowd, but right now I want to be cautious as part of the wait and see crew.

fivetwos

Reaction score
lol.

And a lanky one at that.
Yeah we now appear to have a hefty collection of dudes that are too small for LB but too slow for S.

At least they have long arms. Thanks Dan.

Although Overshown was a Spaulding pick.

Our organizational philosophy is a mish mosh of several different opinions. Hasn’t worked and they won’t change. Hence the dissatisfied customers that some can’t seem to understand.

coult44

Reaction score
Good news, particularly with Diggs.

Overshown still has to demonstrate ability somewhere other than training camp but I’m certainly hopeful.
Diggs needs to make up for the free year he just spent watching. Sucks for everyone.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is VERY good news!!! Great article and I encourage everyone to read the entire thing.

Diggs, Overshown on track for Cowboys camp return​

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:00 AM
Patrik Walker
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

k0owxlvapq3wbvaxbbrj.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — Two absences that likely caught up to the Dallas Cowboys once the postseason rolled around were that of All-Pro cornerback Trevon Diggs and promising rookie linebacker DeMarvion Overshown, both having suffered a torn ACL earlier in the season.

But as the team begins preparation for the myriad of offseason tasks they must undertake to try and improve the team for 2024, they'll do so with promising news in tow for both players.

No, you probably won't hear about either getting fully cleared for voluntary OTAs or minicamp in June. According to the team's front office, however, there's a more than solid chance one or both could escape the physically unable to perform (PUP) list to begin training camp in July.

Diggs is at the point of his recovery wherein he no longer requires an apparatus or brace of any sort while rehabbing his surgically-repaired knee, and Overshown has been in the same space for weeks now— both beginning to ramp-up their respective workload, albeit cautiously, with the Cowboys' training staff.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/diggs-overshown-on-track-for-cowboys-camp-return
There's returning, and there's returning at full speed.

See Schulz, Gallup, Pollard, Steele for details.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our organizational philosophy is a mish mosh of several different opinions. Hasn’t worked and they won’t change.
This is the cost of a General Marketer instead of a General Manager.
No consistent football philosophy driving the team. Flops about with every coaching change.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Sounds good but we wont really know how they're doing physically until mid-season at least.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Diggs needs to make up for the free year he just spent watching. Sucks for everyone.
Yeah, he had a major injury. Anyone who roots for the cowboys should be hoping for his recovery

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
they won't be back to form until 2025. Dallas would be foolish to think they'll be back to speed.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If you want to call it good luck, it’s nice that all of our best players with ACL injuries had them very early in the year. All those ACL injuries that happened at the end of the year really freaking killed these guys that came back this year.