Diggs was Sloppy

Mr_437

Reaction score
Diggs run fits were trash and he's a liability in the run game, what is called a soft corner. I'd run the ball to that side all game, and get ready because every offense is going to follow that TB blueprint.

RandyOh

Reaction score
If your corners are constantly being put in position to have to bring down a running back, then your front 7 is not doing there job. No Diggs is not a good run defender, but he shouldnt have to be. His job is to cover and he did a solid job of that last night. Outside of Parsons, front 7 failed the run defense last night.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Diggs run fits were trash and he's a liability in the run game, what is called a soft corner. I'd run the ball to that side all game, and get ready because every offense is going to follow that TB blueprint.

If your DB is being asked to tackle a lot in the open field on run plays, what does that say about this front 7? It isn't good. DBs aren't paid to be run stoppers.

If the front 7 does their job, this wouldn't be a factor. But our front 7 is soft and weak. As usual.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I was fine with the one play I saw where he made a business decision. Corners don't last long in the NFL taking on OL. Next play he broke up a pass.

Later in the game I saw him get destroyed by an OL, so yeah he will get in there, but the results probably aren't gonna be pretty.
Diggs didn't get to this point by being stupid. He picks and chooses his spots. We are still better with him.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
And most of you complaining now were slobbering all over him last year with 11 interceptions

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Guy is an all or nothing CB. He tries to bait guys for picks and it backfires more often than I’d like.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If your DB is being asked to tackle a lot in the open field on run plays, what does that say about this front 7? It isn't good. DBs aren't paid to be run stoppers.

If the front 7 does their job, this wouldn't be a factor. But our front 7 is soft and weak. As usual.
Good point, my eyes are on Armstrong, the DE on Diggs side, he gives up the corner. It's that whole side of the defense.

As a former CB, I can't get with a soft mindset of CBs don't tackle because it's a part of the game, and defenders are supposed to tackle not run around and watch like a kicker. I get some ppl accept that type of play, but personally for me I can’t get with it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
At some points in the game our beloved #7 looked good, but I saw some flaws I need to mention. On several run plays, I saw diggs basically not try hard enough to make the tackle. The one play early in the game it looked like he went backwards to avoid making the tackle!

To me I hope he doesn't act like Deion be a great cover guy, but doesn't want to tackle. I'm not saying he's terrible, not saying anything to bash him but this was something I observed last night. Please give me your thoughts!!
He was an awful tackler since he was drafted, however, he will get paid based on his coverage and ball skills.

aikemirv

Reaction score
When did it backfire last night? Let's hear it
Exactly, if any of those Brady passes are underthrown that he tipped it would have been a pick. He got great tips on beautifully thrown passes. If we could get our other CB's to play the ball like that we might have something!

DMX690

Reaction score
I would avoid paying him top corner money, He's better version of Mike Jenkins with the same issue with making business decision when it came to tacking. Good corner not a elite corner.