Dish Owners Rejoice

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
The Dish On NFL Blackouts
Great news for dish TV fans. In a blind fury because Sunday's Miami-Tampa Bay game was pre-empted by CBS (to bring us the end of Pittsburgh-Jacksonville) and then not made available on the dish right away, resulting in a total blackout, I started making my usual round of maniac calls. The NFL's Director of Media Services and Technology, Seth Palansky, told me the following:

"Next year there will be no more blackouts. As a service to the fans who own satellite dishes, they will be able to pick up all games on the dish, even those that are carried nationally or in their own area by network TV." Yaaaay! (If it really happens.)

From Dr. Z's article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/10/19/overusing.rbs/index.html?cnn=yes

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
That's great news. I upgraded to the "superfan" package this year and when the Cowboys are on local tv the HD broadcast of the game is blacked out.
Next year I won't have that problem.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
pbthal said:
The Dish On NFL Blackouts
Great news for dish TV fans. In a blind fury because Sunday's Miami-Tampa Bay game was pre-empted by CBS (to bring us the end of Pittsburgh-Jacksonville) and then not made available on the dish right away, resulting in a total blackout, I started making my usual round of maniac calls. The NFL's Director of Media Services and Technology, Seth Palansky, told me the following:

"Next year there will be no more blackouts. As a service to the fans who own satellite dishes, they will be able to pick up all games on the dish, even those that are carried nationally or in their own area by network TV." Yaaaay! (If it really happens.)

From Dr. Z's article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/10/19/overusing.rbs/index.html?cnn=yes

While I had no problems this year....I did last year and that was total BS.

If you pay 200 for the Ticket...You should see all games on the Ticket.

I don't care what the local advertisers want!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If the fricking Saints stay in San Antonio, I will probably have to get the dish.

I don't have it now because I usually only watch the Cowboys games, and when I had it before, I found my self switching from game to game and not really watching any of them.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The Dish?....Is that the same as Directv?

So are you saying that I can get all the games no matter what on Dish network?

I'm confused i though it was only Directv or am I missing something.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
The Dish?....Is that the same as Directv?

So are you saying that I can get all the games no matter what on Dish network?

I'm confused i though it was only Directv or am I missing something.

Yes the Thread title is misleading...It should say DirecTV Owners rejoice. :D