Dispelling myths about Vanderjagt

ghst187

Reaction score
I preferred Vinateri or Longwell but nonetheless, we GOT BETTER today.
Ya know, if Vjerk can hit a FG consistently from under 35 yards, we'll win more games. Most of Cortez's (and Cundiff) brutal, crucial misses were very short kicks. I remember a couple of times thinking we should just make it a rule to go for it on fourth down every time instead of trying a fg.
bottomline, we just got significantly better.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand how stating facts is revisionist bullcrap....

Who let R. Kelly
110_chappelle_rkelly_m1.jpg
:pee: into this thread?!?!?!?!:mad:

NinePointOh

Reaction score
bbgun said:
What a bunch of revisionist bullcrap.

"Revisionist" implies that I have altered the facts in some way. I have done nothing of the sort. I have presented the most applicable stats, unabridged and unchanged.

Vanderjerk faced two pressure kicks in the last two years and missed them both.

I believe you mean he's faced two pressure kicks you've heard of. I posted the numbers of the pressure kicks he attempted and made. It's neither my fault nor Vanderjagt's if you didn't pay enough attention.

This putz was like our 4th or 5th choice.

The only other kicker we were even rumored to be interested in was Josh Brown. We could have signed him to an offer sheet, but we didn't even attempt to. So who exactly would you consider our 1st-3rd choices?

Now that we signed him, all his flaws magically melt away and his critics are "crazy."

The flaws didn't melt away; they were myths to begin with. The stats I posted are exactly the same today as they were a month ago.