Disturbing Interception Stats

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Kris Richard is an American football coach and former player. Richard was instrumental to the formation of the Legion of Boom defensive secondary. He helped coach and develop players such as Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Brandon Browner, Byron Maxwell and for his rookie season only, Shaquill Griffin”

“He followed Carroll to the NFL and joined his former team, the Seahawks, as secondary coach.

Richard's secondary's hard-hitting style has led it to be nicknamed "the Legion of Boom." Bleacher Report described the Legion of Boom's accomplishments as a credit not only to Richard, but to Carroll, who was a safety himself in his playing days and began his coaching career as a secondary coach.[2]

After losing Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks promoted Richard to defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn, who had left to become the head coach for the Atlanta Falcons.

As the defensive coordinator for the 2015 Seattle Seahawks Richards defense ranked first in points allowed for the season.”
Thanks for the Wikipedia post, but it doesn't dispute what I wrote.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
let’s make sure we are blaming the right coach for the defensive problems.

his name is Marinelli.
I wasn't trying to absolve Marinelli at all. Of the two, I much prefer Richard. I'm just not convinced Richard is all that the way some think.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to absolve Marinelli at all. Of the two, I much prefer Richard. I'm just not convinced Richard is all that the way some think.

He went from player to DC and has a ring.

what more can a guy do?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Kicking and ability to force one turnover makes the difference in a close game.

We would win vs Jets if Maher did his job.
We would win vs Patriots and Vikings if we would've forced just one turnover.
We would win vs Packers if we Maher made just one more field goal AND we forced just one turnover.

From 6-6 and 10-2 just based on bad kicking and no turnovers.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It’s kinda why I think they’ll let Byron walk. Great man cover corner. But doesn’t get ints.

However we can rush the passer with four or five guys.... playing zone behind it with some ball hawking players would lead to more turnovers... would be beneficial especially if the offense stays the same.

plasticman

Reaction score
Nothing new when it comes to INT's

Jerry took over in 1989. Since then Cowboys ranked 30th in INT's.

During the Tex Shram days, 1960 to 1988, the Cowboys were ranked 7th.

These days, the Cowboys usually go for the physical features and athletic abilities when it comes to DB's, not the instinctive playmakers.

I was hoping these young DB's would turn into a modern version of Thurman's Thieves, but that has not come close to materializing.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Trubisky will sail at least 2 balls tonight got to take advantage of it.