Div III Semi Final

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ll be attending my second Div III Semi Final Game this afternoon in Belton. #2 Mary Hardin Baylor takes on perineal power #4 Wisconsin -Whitewater for the right to play winner of defending and 13 time National Champion #1 Mount Union and John Hopkins.

This will be the 5th matchup with MHB and Whitewater . The Cru have never beat the Warhawks. And lost the last semi-final matchup here in Belton in 2013 which I attended also.

MHB once called Baylor Women’s college where my grandmother graduated here in the 1920’s. And begun a legacy for higher education with our family for 4 generations now. She was an educator. And not only taught her own children and family in high school but her in-laws. She was instrumental in gaining scholarships for thousands of her students. Our family established a Presidential Endowed academic scholarship after her death.

The Crusaders “ Cru” didn’t start playing football until 1998. Coach Fredenburg came from Baylor and has been their only HC in school history leading them to the National Championship in 2016. They are playing for their 3rd consecutive appearance in Championship game and 4th overall.

My wife’s great nephew is currently being recruited by the Cru who will also be attending with us today. I’m very excited that my wife’s family may join the Cru family as well as playing football here. This area is home to my roots in Texas for much of my family history which goes back to the 19th Century.