Divisional Round Sunday - Bills at Chiefs

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
If you cover Hill and Kelce, you still have Hardeman, Pringle, Robinson, Edwards-Helaire and McKinnon out the backfield to cover. Buffalo had to pick their poison. They gave Hill too much space.

it was less pick your poison and more that the coaches put their players out of position with their defensive playcalling.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
NFL should think about changing the OT rules for the playoffs. I understand they don't want long games during the regular season but for the playoffs shouldn't make the coin toss have so much weight on the outcome of the game.
yeah at least for playoffs, it should be better than 1 team scores td and it is over.
The other team never gets the ball.

Zman5

Reaction score
yeah at least for playoffs, it should be better than 1 team scores td and it is over.
The other team never gets the ball.

Yep. They should change it so both team gets one possession and if it's a tie after the first possession then play for sudden death after that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Holy moly! The Bills are done. You don’t get over a loss like that ever with the same crew. It’s like Atlanta in my opinion. How do you let them drive down the field in 13 seconds? Unbelievable!
A wild game is a wild game. KC couldn't believe how fast the Bills scored. Neither could I!

Last edited:

Pentagruel

Reaction score
How did KC do nearly the same thing? A wild game is a wild game. You're looking at two great QBs. Give 'em a break.

There is an enormous difference between giving up a 1-minute drive and a 17-second drive. Of course the QB’s are great, but giving up a 13-second drive to end the 4th quarter is nearly impossible. It would be the worst loss ever but for Atlanta in the super bowl.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If the Bengals don't beat the Chiefs. I'm going to go ahead and say that Mahomes is winning his 2nd Super Bowl. I think the AFC is better than the NFC right now. But there is the saying "Any given Sunday."
Rams just beat themselves too often to beat the Chiefs. I guess the Bengals could do it since they’ve done it before. If Gabriel Davis can for 201 and 4 TDs what can Chase do?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Terrible holding penalty missed on that last drive in OT
refs were tired and wanted to go home??
But really in that situation, that is the time to commit subtle penaltys, and you can get away with it.
Refs are more likely to ignore stuff that isnt glaring.

so coach your team to hold during that situation??

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Rams just beat themselves too often to beat the Chiefs. I guess the Bengals could do it since they’ve done it before. If Gabriel Davis can for 201 and 4 TDs what can Chase do?
bengals should know now you cant leave even 13 seconds on clock or mahomes may beat you.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They scored with 13 seconds left and still found a way to lose the game… Played prevent defense with 13 seconds left that allowed the Chiefs to gain 50 yards on 2 plays lol… That’s an epic choke. Sorry.

I think "epic choke" is a classic overreaction. Even though I hate prevent defense, that is what most teams would've done in the same situation. Knowing how to defend from a QB like Mahomes in a situation like that was no easier them than it was for KC trying to defend against Josh Allen in the closing minute or so. The Bill's last TD was pretty quick and amazing as well.
Both teams played a great game, and it was pretty much in the cards that whoever had the ball last would score and win.

Last edited: