Divisional Round Sunday Game Thread

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Disagree and TN is a perfect example. Vrabel is the heart and soul of that team and they've taken on his personality and toughness. As a cowboy fan, you of all people should realize that coaching DOES matter. You sound like Jerry Jones and where's that got us?
so what the hell was the team taking from Vrabel when they were 2-4? What happened after that 2-4 start that turned them around? Did vrabel start eating spinach? Did het design some new plays? did het get madder and yell at his players and instill discipline? Nah... only one thing changed. He went from a sorry qb to a pro bowl caliber qb. Thats the ONLY thing that changed.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Worst I've ever seen a team choke in the playoffs

1996 Denver Bronco's losing at home as the 1 seed to the expansion Jags for me.

the 1997 Chiefs were 13-3 and lost at home to the Bronco's. They were the 1 seed and heavily favored just like today. Mike McCarthy was on that staff. They fired Everyone after the loss because Schottenheimer kept losing playoff games.

has to be deja vu for the long time fans.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Alright, call your shot. At what point in the game will KC have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead. I’m saying with 3-4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So far in this game...

a blocked punt
a muffed punt
a 60 yard kickoff return

All of them led directly, or indirectly, to touchdowns.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Some of you may think that it’s overrated. But right now the 3-4 is working a lot better than the 4-3 in the league. I’m hoping we at least run a hybrid next season.
wouldn't be surpised or up-set with that.
whatever helps us to shut down the run,get after the QB and get a pick...or 2...or 3.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Isn't the coach responsible for getting his team ready?
Do you know what schemes, plays and preparation the team put in because of the coach?
And isn't benching your quarterback and putting another quarterback in part of coaching? :huh:
are you telling me almost every person that comes regularly to this forum couldnt wouldnt have said they needed to swith QBs? Wow, that was coaching genius for usre.lol

BIGS87

Reaction score
Some of you may think that it’s overrated. But right now the 3-4 is working a lot better than the 4-3 in the league. I’m hoping we at least run a hybrid next season.

It’s all about personnel to be honest.. just gotta work with what you got, take advantage of the players strengths.. that’s why good coaching will play a big part of turning around the defense. Hopefully Mike Nolan is up the challenge

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$35 million per year for 5 years, and teams don't have to gameplan for him.

Watson presents problems. Dak does not.

Well ok, tells me what you don't know...well, actually what I or we all, already know. :lmao:

coogrfan

Reaction score
Given that most teams use nickel as their base D, the 3-4 vs 4-3 argument is largely irrelevant.