DJ Moore, Combine updates, Winners of the day

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
First post on Cowboys Zone here. Lets get this going:

I will flat out say I would happily take DJ Moore with the 19th pick. I actually prefer him to Calvin Ridley. You may think I am putting too much stock into his combine performance, well I think you are not putting enough into it. The two main concerns with Moore before the combine were height concerns as well as speed. Well hes just as tall as Ridley, has a better build that will last, and happens to be faster and more explosive than the consensus number 1 WR. I would take him at 19 no doubt unless Derwin was there. It may be rich but he is a damn good player. It would be even sweeter to trade down, get another pick and still draft him.

Maurine Hurst is out of the picture at 19. He has been diagnosed with a heart issue and has been sent home to undergo more testing. He is still a damn good player, but if this is more of a Fairley situation than a Lotuleilei situation then he is out of the picture.

Winners of the day:
Josh Allen: Damn that arm is golden. He throws a great deep ball, anticipates and has cleaned up his footwork, Yes he was throwing against air today but you can see how special he can be with a little bit of elbow grease. He is from a pro style system and has no limitations from the arm talent standpoint.

DJ Moore: See above

Allen Lazard: the big bodied man himself put up a solid 4.55. He has an amazing body type and has great hands. His route running needs a lot of work, but you can not teach height and length.

Christian Kirk: All around solid day. Good forty time. Good routes and hands. Just looking at his build I think he can hold up on the outside. Does not improve his stock much but does confirm a lot of questions about himself.

Courtland Sutton; He is not the biggest winner of the day but he is a winner because he simply did not hurt himself. He ran a 4.54 and he has decent route running skills with solid hands. He will sneak into the back end of the first round based on traits alone.

Micahel Gallup: The biggest question surrounding him was his speed. He ran a 4.52 and shut up some of the doubters. No one will question his route running or hands at all. He may have vaulted himself into a consensus top 5 receiver in this class. If we don't get Moore in the first I would happily take Gallup in the second at 50 IF he is still available.

Mark Andrews: His official forty was 4.67. The knock on Andrews was that he may njot be as good of an athlete as he looks. I think he put his doubters to rest based on testing. He is a damn good route running with solid hands. He needs to be taught how to block but just like many TE's before him that can happen sooner rather than later.

Mike Gesicki: Duh. Dude ran a 4.55 with a 41 1/2 inch vert. Hes a stud as a split out TE. Don't think he has the build to be able to learn how to block like I think Andrews will be able to. Whoever drafts him will have a Jimmy Graham type of receiving threat from day 1.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well then, sounds like Maurine Hurst is gonna be our 2nd round pick.