DL coach, Tomsula talks his philosophy on rotation

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If anything else, he empowered them to be anything other than the space monkeys they are.

They are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world. And they need to be very, very pissed off.
Waitasecond... Now I'm listening to Placebo.
Interesting...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And, as an aside, I simply adore Chuck Palahniuk and his works.
Except for his Fight Club sequels. Those didn't work for me.
I never checked out the comic books. I have a hard time following how a guy can write a book then follow it up with comics.

But maybe that is smart. Comics seem to be the new path to movies these days.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I never checked out the comic books. I have a hard time following how a guy can write a book then follow it up with comics.
He's an artist and one that has a strong visual sense.
I'm glad those stories went no further than the color and print.

Now I want to read some Mark Z. Danielewski...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sound like one of the team moms
No. I'm from Texas. It can get over 100 degrees for 25 straight days in August. 2002 and 2019 were awful. (IIRC)....Back in 2002 the temp was 119 degrees with a heat index of 134. So yeah spring training in Texas has killed kids in the past. So if I come off as overly concerned thats why.

But like I said, I kind of went off the deep end from personal experiences.

Alexander

Reaction score
No. I'm from Texas. It can get over 100 degrees for 25 straight days in August. 2002 and 2019 were awful. (IIRC)....Back in 2002 the temp was 119 degrees with a heat index of 134. So yeah spring training in Texas has killed kids in the past. So if I come off as overly concerned thats why.

But like I said, I kind of went off the deep end from personal experiences.
The Cowboys of today are not in any danger of heatstroke or any other health related issues from playing football.

A lot of this goes down to personal toughness. Honestly, I was bothered by Elliott tapping his helmet. Because honestly, I don't think he should have been worn out. If so, he was out of shape.

But we are a long ways from endangering anyone with a domed stadium and relatively few padded practices.

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the ring, but I still like zeke. I've always liked those who are big kids at heart.
But is he still a big kid at heart?

Sounds like he grew up a bit with the holdout this past year.

I don't know about him anymore. I am not going to be one of these people that thinks that backs don't matter.

I still think he has special talent. It just seemed like this year, after the contract. he got fat and happy.

But more on the fat thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hmm...no more tapping out, especially in key situations. I LOVE IT. Tomsula has already won me over. HE GETS IT.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is total nonsense.

One time he was out b/c he was hurt, and this is all people remember.
Might not be so visible if he would drop the "feed me" celebration. Makes the "rest me" stand out like a sore thumb.

leeblair

Reaction score
Lol I love it. My son cried all this season because he played every single snap offense, defense, special teams. Coach told him the same thing. Told him he better get in shape and figure out how to preserve energy between downs.
I understand your feelings, but I don't like "iron man" football- especially with kids.
Fatigue causes injuries; you don't think as quick or step with the same ability as you wear down.
Plus, there are usually kids on the sidelines begging to play, and they need and deserve playing time, too.
Now, I am all for conditioning the kids. My football coach was ex-army and I hated him- until I realized how what great shape I was in after 6 months of him.
But I quit my first year because I ran, hit, ran, hit, ran, ran, and ran some more but never saw the field on gameday.
I didn't play again until Sophomore year in high school.
So I sympathize with the kids who are on the sidelines while others play every down.

CWR

Reaction score
Yessir. appreciate the concern

You probably already know but you got to stay on these kids to hydrate all day everyday. Also I keep a bottle of pedialyte in my locker at work and whenever we are going to drill or if for any reason I have to put on my gear for an extended period I will go back and mix it with water. It helps to get rid of the headaches that sometimes follow hard work. I still swear by a shot or two of pickle juice when I start cramping up. Ever read about how Demarco would drink so much water the day before game day he'd come in ten pounds heavier with water weight? Anyhow I bet you know all this but just in case, as a father I figured Id pass it along.