DL Dan Ross to Raiders

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Marinelli was a name guy from 20 years ago.

His defenses have been copied but offenses have been able to dissect them since Tampa's SB.

Rob Ryan, Marinelli..

Just a Rogues Gallery of has been and wanna-bees.

Becuz Jerrah loves his offense..

they have always had the lionshare of the cap.

And the defense coach has always been retreads.

So we have always been trying to win with built in handicaps.

So as much as I want MM to succeed..

he himself is the definition of "a retread".

He even admits as much.

So while I want to believe the arrow is pointing up..

I have to see it first.

I'm not that concerned about MM, but I certainly have reservations about Nolan. Taking a so-so defensive coordinator and giving him retreads is not a good combination, as we saw with Marinelli. While I definitely prefer McCoy and Poe over Collins and Covington, we've got to up the talent on that side of the ball. Letting Byron just walk creates questions in the secondary that now must be answered instead of being able to just focus on the primary weakness, the defensive line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I was trying to remember what his status was because I knew he wasn't an unrestricted free agent. It appears the new staff chose not to even tender him.

Poor production + scrub talent + off-field issues = no thanks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Teams need camp bodies too. He has experience so I would say not a bad signing for a camp body.
The Raiders did get 7 sacks out of Benson Mayowa last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams need camp bodies too. He has experience so I would say not a bad signing for a camp body.
The Raiders did get 7 sacks out of Benson Mayowa last year.

And fired the defensive line coach that helped get him there, along with getting a defensive rookie of the year performance out of 4th round pick Maxx Crosby. But yet, somehow that goof Gruden gets rid of Buckner to bring in Old Man River to destroy his defensive line?

MiddleStar

Reaction score
I so wanted Buckner as our DL coach once the Raiders let him go, He is going to do wonders for Arizona.

I wish we could trade Hill to LV today.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spent last year on IR, but previous years he showed a few flashes here and there, but was ok in a rotation. Low level depth player.
If not for IR he probably would have been released last TC.
He was better than Daniel Wise but never got hyped by fans like Wise did, but he lasted much longer here than Wise. :lmao:

Ross was terrible but Marinelli liked him.

Wise was moved to DE after the 1st preseason game.

Wise was released at a time when it can't be due to on field performance. He either got into trouble or didn't participate in the off-season workouts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Spent last year on IR, but previous years he showed a few flashes here and there, but was ok in a rotation. Low level depth player.
If not for IR he probably would have been released last TC.
He was better than Daniel Wise but never got hyped by fans like Wise did, but he lasted much longer here than Wise. :lmao:
After the draft, he would have been camp fodder at best, if he made it that far.
This DL is going to get really good faster then some think.