DL Rant

robertfchew

Reaction score
This DL was not that great last year and its the same guys. Of course we heard about how much Maliek Collins has improved and that it will be his breakout year. But of course preseason means absolutely nothing. The bigger disappointment has been the LBs, Honestly, after last season everyone thought they would be much better having another season under their belts. But that has not been the case at all.

If have been saying it for years but until they get a dominant DT and a safety their defense will never be elite. The question is now, it is good enough given how good the offense has looked?

nope because this type of d needs to be able to get turnovers if theyre ever going to be that good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this is my point. The Cowboys are the class of the NFC East and people are still trying to find flaws. It's like trying to find a pimple on the prettiest Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.;)

I'd like to say it's stunning, but I've seen this time & time again with certain fans... I don't know if it's due to their unrealistic expectations or what.

But any time a defense gives up less than 300 yards in a game, then I'm happy.

Cap12

Reaction score
I'd like to say it's stunning, but I've seen this time & time again with certain fans... I don't know if it's due to their unrealistic expectations or what.

People have to be miserable about something. It's just human nature.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I hope Dlaw is still not at 100%. Otherwise, it’s time to worry.

And Jaylon is late on almost every play.

How could he be 100%? He missed all of camp. But you can see the hustle the bend. His back looks good, after Lewis made a tackle on the sideline that Dlaw was chasing and assisted on you can see him do a kip-up. It’s coming this guys character and work ethic is pretty off the charts I’m not worried at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this is my point. The Cowboys are the class of the NFC East and people are still trying to find flaws. It's like trying to find a pimple on the prettiest Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.;)
There is a thread this week where some members saw more than pimples on all the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's unrealistic expectations. Final answer.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Another good win. The offense lead the way, again. I am not happy at all about the Pass rush. Almost non existent. Crawford is just a waste. He can’t play DE at all. Collins? Haven’t seen much from him. How bad can Hill and Taco be? Quinn is going to be a huge upgrade and I am hoping Gregory can resurface.

Thoughts?
Another good win. The offense lead the way, again. I am not happy at all about the Pass rush. Almost non existent. Crawford is just a waste. He can’t play DE at all. Collins? Haven’t seen much from him. How bad can Hill and Taco be? Quinn is going to be a huge upgrade and I am hoping Gregory can resurface.

Thoughts?

Hard to complain after the first 2 games, but the lack of pass rush and ability to get sacks is a bit concerning. I don't know how much Lawrence played today, but last week he played less than 50% of snaps. I wonder if he is still injured, as we haven't seen much consistency? Armstrong has played decent with the opportunities he's been given. Crawford got the lone sack today, still don't get the hate towards him. He is what he is.

I agree if we're not going to trade Taco, mine as we'll see if he can be a key contributor the next two games. Maybe they can showcase him against the Dolphins.... They will be so impressed they will send Fitzpatrick and a first round pick, haha.

btcutter

Reaction score
Please watch Crawford play. Key in on him. I know he got the sack but the other 60ish snaps he does nothing. The guy sucks. They should move him inside to see if that helps and stop with him at DE.
That sack came with him as DT running stunt.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We don't know what Marinelli is telling Richard he can do/not do when relaying plays to our D captain.
Very true.. I am not seeing either of them calling in plays. But it’s not showing on TV. I know I hate the prevent we are using way to much of. Last year we seemed more aggressive..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true.. I am not seeing either of them calling in plays. But it’s not showing on TV. I know I hate the prevent we are using way to much of. Last year we seemed more aggressive..

I think part of that is until the game against the Jag's on October 14th, they were either losing games or winning close games.

There was little opportunity to use the prevent the first part of the season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can I look?

kskboys

Reaction score
You think Miami let him go for pennies if he were still ascending?
Not ascending, but still good.

MIA is dumping, dude, have you really not noticed? It's obvious they don't want to win this year. Quinn was a clear salary dump. Tua, Tua, Tua