DL then safety

hendog

Reaction score
I'm sure most of us would love to add either a DT or DE in round 2. In rd 3 if we could come away with a starting safety I'd be ecstatic. I've seen enough of Church and Wilcox. Would love to see Sean Davis, Jeremy Cash, Justin Simmons, Vonn Bell, Darian Thompson, Su'a Cravens. One that's all I ask.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S or Cb, then DT. Should they use a high round pick on a DE, which is basically renting a player for 4 games until the suspensions are over.
Not really renting, as they would be a good player for a long time. But should they put resources into a position, if they truly believe Lawrence and Gregory are the book end DE's they invested high picks in already. For 4 games, no, go with what you have, adjust.

That is another reason why Elliott was drafted, ball control, keep the d off the field as much as possible.
So any player but a DE.
JMO on an early Friday morning.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
S or Cb, then DT. Should they use a high round pick on a DE, which is basically renting a player for 4 games until the suspensions are over.
Not really renting, as they would be a good player for a long time. But should they put resources into a position, if they truly believe Lawrence and Gregory are the book end DE's they invested high picks in already. For 4 games, no, go with what you have, adjust.

That is another reason why Elliott was drafted, ball control, keep the d off the field as much as possible.
So any player but a DE.
JMO on an early Friday morning.

definitely see your point and thats why i thought we shouldn't have went with bosa (if he was available). However, if that's the case then they should've went with ramsey. Other than ramsey and karl joseph, i can't think of any cb/s left that i know would replace wilcox or church by the start of the season.

conner01

Reaction score
Draft players, not positions. The good news is the talent is really dline and safety at the top of second looks like

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
definitely see your point and thats why i thought we shouldn't have went with bosa (if he was available). However, if that's the case then they should've went with ramsey. Other than ramsey and karl joseph, i can't think of any cb/s left that i know would replace wilcox or church by the start of the season.

I think there are some good ones to get. At S there is Vonn Bell, CB in M. Alexander, who is ranked higher than Bell, and they projected Ramsey as a CB, so Alexander would be good, from what i heard on the Fan and the Ticket last night. When they were talking day 2 picks.
In the 3rd round, they could get Xavier Howard at CB.
They could even go LB in the 2nd round too, and not Ragland or Jack....just stay away from medical issues. But more like a 3rd on LB, like Perry.
so there are some good solid defensive players they can get that helps right away.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I think there are some good ones to get. At S there is Vonn Bell, CB in M. Alexander, who is ranked higher than Bell, and they projected Ramsey as a CB, so Alexander would be good, from what i heard on the Fan and the Ticket last night. When they were talking day 2 picks.
In the 3rd round, they could get Xavier Howard at CB.
They could even go LB in the 2nd round too, and not Ragland or Jack....just stay away from medical issues. But more like a 3rd on LB, like Perry.
so there are some good solid defensive players they can get that helps right away.

Forgot about Alexander. I would be ok with that one

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'd be ok with risking this pick on Jack.

I'm pretty sure anyway. Seems like a reasonably good risk although, I'm no doctor.

endersdragon

Reaction score
DE than DT. I don't see anyone at safety who I think is going to be much of upgrade here (they generally aren't by the 3rd round) but Dodd/Spence then the best DT available might not be upgrades but will be great rotational guys throughout the season. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't see us taking a safety today. Kevin Dodd at #34 seems likely, if not him, one of the other DEs (Spence, Ogbah)) and at #67 I think we go CB or WR, depending on who falls to us.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
When we were in dire need of a DL a few years ago we traded up for D-Law.... we have a huge need there again and we're in prime position, so I think it's a no brainer.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DE than DT. I don't see anyone at safety who I think is going to be much of upgrade here (they generally aren't by the 3rd round) but Dodd/Spence then the best DT available might not be upgrades but will be great rotational guys throughout the season. You can never have too many pass rushers.

I'm DE then DE. Dodd or Spence, then Nassib or Judon.

Of course, a lot will depend on who is available at 67.