Video: DL VS OL - Film Breakdown - Voch

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I didn't listen to the audio; however, it's good to watch the slow-mo close up of practice reps.

Chaz Green is still not getting enough depth in his kick-slide. His technique was fine in 2016 and then he started doing this short-set type of movement last year.

Frederick looks like an OT against DLaw.

Interesting that they had DLaw going against OG C-Will and OC Frederick. That's a difficult assignment for interior OLinemen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I didn't listen to the audio; however, it's good to watch the slow-mo close up of practice reps.

Chaz Green is still not getting enough depth in his kick-slide. His technique was fine in 2016 and then he started doing this short-set type of movement last year.

Frederick looks like an OT against DLaw.

Interesting that they had DLaw going against OG C-Will and OC Frederick. That's a difficult assignment for interior OLinemen.
I wonder if they are thinking of using D-Law at DT on occasion. Or practicing using our awesome guards on the outside if we are in a pinch. Or just cross training everyone. Sometimes I read to much into it. Lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if they are thinking of using D-Law at DT on occasion. Or practicing using our awesome guards on the outside if we are in a pinch. Or just cross training everyone. Sometimes I read to much into it. Lol

I think they just want the OGs to practice against the extreme end of a pass rusher that they'll see. DLaw is what I call a technique pass rusher. You can see that against C-Will. DLaw didn't really use either speed or brute force. He just used technique that the rookie was not ready to handle.

gmoney112

Reaction score

Stunts, twists, etc. Defenses will try to get DEs matched up against interior OL on occasion if its favorable.

sbark

Reaction score
Do we the Green Bay hug tech....hands low longer, beleive oline coach teaches in that direction

La'el did it well, rookie or Chaz not so good

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Crawford is not a rusher. Not sure why they always play him at end. I guess they need a big body that can anchor the edge at times.

I am just unhappy with the deal he got.

Crawford lives by the talent around him. He has a great motor but is JAG. I still smh when i see this guy play.

T-RO

Reaction score
I think they just want the OGs to practice against the extreme end of a pass rusher that they'll see. DLaw is what I call a technique pass rusher. You can see that against C-Will. DLaw didn't really use either speed or brute force. He just used technique that the rookie was not ready to handle.

DeMarcus has superior technique, but lest anyone misunderstand: the man has one of the best bull rushes in the business. Very, very strong dude.

Bend, pivot and feet are also top-drawer

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeMarcus has superior technique, but lest anyone misunderstand: the man has one of the best bull rushes in the business. Very, very strong dude.

Bend, pivot and feet are also top-drawer

A Bull Rush is setup by the threat of the OT getting beaten. Tyrone Crawford can push a heavier blocking sled further than DLaw but you won't see him have the same success as Dlaw Bull Rushing an OT.

DLaw was one of the very best Pass Rushers in the NFL last season; however, his speed/quickness and bend are NOT elite by NFL athletic standards. He is not a DWare type of physical freak.

Michael Irvin is a Hall of Fame WR because he took good but not elite physical ability and combined it with mastering the art of playing WR.

Randy Most just fell out of bed one day and was 6-4 and ran a 4.2 forty.

T-RO

Reaction score
A Bull Rush is setup by the threat of the OT getting beaten. Tyrone Crawford can push a heavier blocking sled further than DLaw but you won't see him have the same success as Dlaw Bull Rushing an OT.

DLaw was one of the very best Pass Rushers in the NFL last season; however, his speed/quickness and bend are NOT elite by NFL athletic standards. He is not a DWare type of physical freak.

You can’t get close to where Lawrence is by virtue of technique only, or only by virtue of his superior hand usage.. Tank put in on exhibition taking on each of our all-pro lineman. DeMarcus is stronger than Crawford—and more physically explosive (by far) than Crawford. He’s called Tank for very good reason.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If you haven't watched the videos yet guys, you need to watch D-Law. Dude is a bad, bad man.

As others have said, Lawrence's technique is just top notch. I read an article a while back by SB Nation's Stephen White calling him the Antonio Brown of pass rushers, and here you can see it. His technique is just filthy.

Tyron also took out Crawford with a disturbing amount of ease. I know Crawford's not exactly a speed rusher, but he's an average to decent NFL linemen and Tyron wrecks him without breaking a sweat

lostar2009

Reaction score
I am just unhappy with the deal he got.

Crawford lives by the talent around him. He has a great motor but is JAG. I still smh when i see this guy play.

True but playing DT is what got him play. But the past several years he hardly play it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron also took out Crawford with a disturbing amount of ease. I know Crawford's not exactly a speed rusher, but he's an average to decent NFL linemen and Tyron wrecks him without breaking a sweat

Crawford doesn't have enough speed or bend to threaten the edge. Certainly not against Tyron. Hustle and technique will get Crawford some pressure against lesser OT's when their technique breaks down, but he's just not built to be a RDE.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Crawford is not a rusher. Not sure why they always play him at end. I guess they need a big body that can anchor the edge at times.

In my opinion Crawford doesnt do anything so well that you could let him start at a definite position. But he is so versatile that he is able to play all spots (1tech 3tech RDE LDE). To me thats the main reason he is still on this roster and thats the reason you find him in the Rotation playing spots where you have to shake your head.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Crawford is your consummate "tweener" who plays adequately, albeit not impressively, at the positions he's assigned. That, in itself, offers value.

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
In my opinion Crawford doesnt do anything so well that you could let him start at a definite position. But he is so versatile that he is able to play all spots (1tech 3tech RDE LDE). To me thats the main reason he is still on this roster and thats the reason you find him in the Rotation playing spots where you have to shake your head.

Yup, but I think he is more if a DT. Cant blame Crawford for the team over paying for him.