Video: DL VS OL - Film Breakdown - Voch

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I also watched the first video. Gosh how is Crawford playing DE? That guy falls down every snap. Terrible bend. Terrible balance. Terrible technique. He is just terrible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Crawford doesn't have enough speed or bend to threaten the edge. Certainly not against Tyron. Hustle and technique will get Crawford some pressure against lesser OT's when their technique breaks down, but he's just not built to be a RDE.

It is amazing right. The guy does not have the skill set needed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Crawford is not a rusher. Not sure why they always play him at end. I guess they need a big body that can anchor the edge at times.

He's a 4-sack player at end who holds up well against the run. He will not be at end on pure passing downs.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Your welcome...and great question...I haven't the slightest idea.

I mean, I know D-Law is good and all, but Green is sticking his arm straight out to stop him like a literal turnstile. And he does it twice.

I don't know how he's stayed on the roster this long, but I will eat my shoes if he makes final cuts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a 4-sack player at end who holds up well against the run. He will not be at end on pure passing downs.

A "4-sack player" whose 4 sacks all came against backups, and a TE. He was a total non-factor against all of the starting tackles he faced.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I mean, I know D-Law is good and all, but Green is sticking his arm straight out to stop him like a literal turnstile. And he does it twice.

I don't know how he's stayed on the roster this long, but I will eat my shoes if he makes final cuts.
Chaz must have incriminating pictures or video on someone to still have his job. They sure are giving him every chance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, depth value.

But not starting value.

If he starting, we're doing ourselves a disservice.

I'm not sold on him as a starter, either, at least as a DE, even though he has value as a backup.

To me, he would be far more effective as a DT. Too bad the staff doesn't seem to feel that way.

They've constricted his value even more by assigning him to DE -- a position he's ill-suited to fit.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was drafted in the 3rd round by Dallas, and is on his last chance...that's all.

A lot of fans are reactionary. Trying to see if he can be salvaged before kicking him to the curb is the right move, especially with a new position coach.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
A Bull Rush is setup by the threat of the OT getting beaten. Tyrone Crawford can push a heavier blocking sled further than DLaw but you won't see him have the same success as Dlaw Bull Rushing an OT.

DLaw was one of the very best Pass Rushers in the NFL last season; however, his speed/quickness and bend are NOT elite by NFL athletic standards. He is not a DWare type of physical freak.

Michael Irvin is a Hall of Fame WR because he took good but not elite physical ability and combined it with mastering the art of playing WR.

Randy Most just fell out of bed one day and was 6-4 and ran a 4.2 forty.

Not to mention Randy was the best ever at high pointing a pass and had hands like safety nets.