DLaw is a Machine Now

aria

Reaction score
Wut. Really?
He’s got to Trouty. I love your optimism and agree that he will most likley be as good as last year but he still has to repeat last years performance and stay injury free for the better part of this season. One pre season game ad a few drills isn’t gonna convince me of anything, no matter who it is.

BTW, minus a major injury I think he will still have value (ie he doesn’t have to be a pro bowler) but a lot of it will depend on his production vs the contract he wants. If he delivers again, I completely agree with you, resign him for good money, DE’s aren’t as easily replaceable as RB’s.

For the record, I love Dlaw. His attitude and work ethic are everything I love about certain players like Witten, Lee and Jaylon. Wish we had more of ‘em on this team.

zerofill

Reaction score
He’s got to Trouty. I love your optimism and agree that he will most likley be as good as last year but he still has to repeat last years performance and stay injury free for the better part of this season. One pre season game ad a few drills isn’t gonna convince me of anything, no matter who it is.

BTW, minus a major injury I think he will still have value (ie he doesn’t have to be a pro bowler) but a lot of it will depend on his production vs the contract he wants. If he delivers again, I completely agree with you, resign him for good money, DE’s aren’t as easily replaceable as RB’s.

For the record, I love Dlaw. His attitude and work ethic are everything I love about certain players like Witten, Lee and Jaylon. Wish we had more of ‘em on this team.

I think if he stays injury free, he is going to definitely be as good as last year, if not better. BUT... they will be trying to double team him like crazy like they did Ware, when Hatcher got all those sacks in 2013.

aria

Reaction score
I think if he stays injury free, he is going to definitely be as good as last year, if not better. BUT... they will be trying to double team him like crazy like they did Ware, when Hatcher got all those sacks in 2013.
True. I wouldn’t expect him to get the same production if he his dt’d more often. Kind of a game by game approach/evaluation. I have high hopes for him, I just need to see it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How much do you get paid to scout? Just curious lol.

Doesn't take a scout to see DLaw is great at what he does. He's shown that multiple years when healthy. But to be a machine he needs to have more than 1 healthy season.

Techsass

Reaction score
If they're double teaming DLaw, then it should open it up for everybody else. I think he'll still get double-digit sacks & scare the heck out of a bunch of QBs with pressures.