DLaw says Micah the real leader of the defense

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Take our D to the promised land fearless leader!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. Without that drop foot he'd have been a monster. Sometimes you gamble and lose. Unfortunately for him his ego hasn't caught up with his current stature yet.
I don't know that he would have been a monster at Mike. I don't think he was ever that hardnosed guy that is tough taking on blockers and filling gaps head on. He was more of a speed, chase down play kind of guy. It doesn't matter anyway because we are talking about what his is, not what he could have been.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wasn't Kearse calling the plays last year? Given the job he did I'm not sure we can go away from him. Parsons is still undoubtedly our finest defensive player and on a trajectory to be the best defender in the league. He is an alpha, and that will shine through this season.

Kearse took over the play-calling duties from Parsons in November, so it's definitely possible that Quinn will just continue that. Lawrence is just talking about what is normally expected of the Mike, but it could be better for the team to keep it how it was since we'll be playing a lot of mind games with Parsons on whether he's rushing the passer or not.

Reactions: CWR

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for staying the obvious DLaw

Yep, I already knew that. A true leader does not even have to tell the rest of the team he is the leader....they know by the way he plays and inspires others. Has nothing to do with age or experience.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our real leader of the defense was a rookie. Surprised DLaw would admit that with his contract and the experience he has.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don't know if he's handing it off as much as saying it's Parsons' job as the MIKE to be the on-field leader. He's calling the defense. He's making the adjustments. He's reading the offense and telling his guys what to expect. We've had some real good ones in that regard: Lee and Nguyen come to mind from recent generations. Might be an area where Parsons can step up his game since the playing part of it comes so natural to him.

DL guys like Lawrence don't do a lot of directing. They get adjusted by the MIKE as he shifts the pieces around and directs the back end.

It has to do with the play of Parsons, we have other middle LB with DLaw on the team and he still assumed the leader of the defense. And saying Parson is a MLB? the guy moves around a lot, lining up at various spots. Parson is the leader because he went out and earned it, and DLaw recognizes it