News: DMN: A former NFL linebacker says Dallas Cowboys are better with Dak Prescott at QB

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Is someone actually questioning whether Romo has more knowledge of the game than Dak? I haven't read every thread, but I saw a lot of conversation about Romo's knowledge of the game in comparison to Dak's.

I think many of us are getting ahead of ourselves based on preseason results. The regular season is here. Dak is getting his first start. We'll see what happens.

dfense

Reaction score
All I got out of that is what everyone else thinks. It's nice to have depth at the position now.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping Dak finds some much-deserved success during his 6 to 8 game stint. It would also help if Romo isn't rushed back into hasty action before he's 100% physically prepared to do so. I'm not overly concerned about the mental aspect with Tony, since that's his forte to begin with, although the psychological aspect of knowing he's totally healthy would serve to fortify his bravado.

The front office will be obliged to not only do what's best for the individuals involved (both Dak and Tony) but the team as a whole as well. It's highly conceivable that an important career-affecting decision will hang in the balance for both of our QBs. Godspeed in arriving at whatever might be best for those two as well as what's best for the team and the season at hand.

I'll have to admit to feeling a bit apprehensive that Jerry's man crush for Romo might lead to his stubborn insistence upon rushing Tony back into the fray before he 100% ready. The FO might also be well-advised to avoid doing so despite some surprisingly excellent results being turned in by Dak Prescott in the season's first half. Hopefully Jerry's better judgment should prevail or that otherwise, Stephen might wisely intercede to render the FO's decision a practical one that would be in the best interest of the team and the season as well.

Last edited:

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I didn't read Scott's comments that way... It seemed he was saying that Dak is younger and can do some things physically that Romo just cannot do at this point in his career.

Romo's experience, intelligence, and accuracy still will make him a top 10 QB in the league...but there is no question which QB is the most athletically viable at this point.

He may very well have been coming from that angle.

Dak is younger and quicker, no doubt about that. Until I see how his game translates to winning football in regular season games then I'll hold off on annointing this team and offense as being better with him running it than Tony Romo.

I'm not hating on the people who think that. I can't wait to watch Dak and see what he can do, but I've watched too much football to know how it normally goes for rookies. Of course, not all rookies have struggled, but the vast majority have and that's why I've tempered my expectations.

Tony Romo was healthy in 2014 and he was a top 5 QB in the league. I'll argue that he should have been the MVP. I also remember him coming off of back surgery and how people said he ought to retire.

Nonetheless I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

Gameover

Reaction score
im in line with Scott on this. Have been since I read the positive blurb about Dak on the USA today site. He even nailed it on Jerry Jones.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Sigh,,..,.., Tony is nowhere near the same quarterback he was in 2014 Welcome to the mid-thirties things change year to year be thankful we have Dak

Stupid post!

Whose mother did Romo screw over? The guy still gets no respect. The guy who sat in the bench and worked his tail off until he earned the starting position four years later. Nobody except the team even really cared about Dak until like two months ago.

This!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He may very well have been coming from that angle.

Dak is younger and quicker, no doubt about that. Until I see how his game translates to winning football in regular season games then I'll hold off on annointing this team and offense as being better with him running it than Tony Romo.

I'm not hating on the people who think that. I can't wait to watch Dak and see what he can do, but I've watched too much football to know how it normally goes for rookies. Of course, not all rookies have struggled, but the vast majority have and that's why I've tempered my expectations.

Tony Romo was healthy in 2014 and he was a top 5 QB in the league. I'll argue that he should have been the MVP. I also remember him coming off of back surgery and how people said he ought to retire.

Nonetheless I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

Yes...I agree. 2014 was an amazing year for Romo. IMO-- this is his team until he simply can't do it anymore. My hope is that Tony gets to retire on his own terms and accomplishes his goals for his career.

Dak is a great looking prospect and he offers us a much better chance to win with Tony out of the lineup than anyone we trotted out last season. We'll see how this plays out... really hoping for the best this year. This team has gone through loads of adversity since Garrett's arrival. I'd love to see things start breaking our way for a change.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Yes...I agree. 2014 was an amazing year for Romo. IMO-- this is his team until he simply can't do it anymore. My hope is that Tony gets to retire on his own terms and accomplishes his goals for his career.

Dak is a great looking prospect and he offers us a much better chance to win with Tony out of the lineup than anyone we trotted out last season. We'll see how this plays out... really hoping for the best this year. This team has gone through loads of adversity since Garrett's arrival. I'd love to see things start breaking our way for a change.

I'm with ya bud.

I'm ready to see our boys play some good football. Hopefully we can come together as a team and create an identity of a hard-nosed football team that runs it down people's throat and has an opportunistic defense that can show it can stop the run.

That and hopefully the injury crap that has plagued us for forever can subside.

I'd like to see Dak come in and continue to show promise and in a perfect world see Tony get back healthy and win him one.

Here's to hoping it's our year!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "better arm" but Romo is one of the most accurate QBs and has a very quick release. How quickly we forget.

By better arm I mean he seems to be able to throw it further than Romo. Has more zip on his throws.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I'm with ya bud.

I'm ready to see our boys play some good football. Hopefully we can come together as a team and create an identity of a hard-nosed football team that runs it down people's throat and has an opportunistic defense that can show it can stop the run.

That and hopefully the injury crap that has plagued us for forever can subside.

I'd like to see Dak come in and continue to show promise and in a perfect world see Tony get back healthy and win him one.

Here's to hoping it's our year!

Yah... we have been snake-bit when it comes to injury.

Going back to a physical, ground and pound running game would be a huge step in the right direction. Remember how teams were beat up after they played us in 2014? We should be able to do that even more this year b/c we have an ever deeper stable of RBs and if Dak gets loose in the secondary-- he can be a physical runner as well.

Opportunistic D? I really hope so. We were #2 in forced turnovers in 2014 and almost dead last in 2015. I wonder how much Scandrick's injury hurt us last year in that regard. I really hope his return and Jones' development at FS results in more big plays for our D.