News: DMN: A former NFL linebacker says Dallas Cowboys are better with Dak Prescott at QB

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Scott made some valid points about Tony's physical limitations but Dak can't match Romo's knowhow just yet, that's for sure. We should be capable of drawing more knowledgeable comparisons in the weeks ahead, once we've had more samplings of Dak's abilities. Things should prove to be extremely interesting in the meantime. Here's wishing Dak and Tony good fortune, regardless of what the future holds for both.
I prefer knowledge of the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I saw the title expecting this to be a dis of Tony Romo, but it wasn't.
It was a fair assessment by Bart Scott, IMO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should be so lucky.

I'm going to be so bummed if Dak doesn't look like a future starter here during this tryout. It seems like forever since we've gotten a bluebird like this in a breakout player from out of nowhere.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
So a QB that has never played a down of meaninful NFL football is all of the sudden better than Tony Romo?

I'm as excited as anybody about how Dak looked in the preseason, but give me a freakin' break!

waving monkey

Reaction score
We should be so lucky.

I'm going to be so bummed if Dak doesn't look like a future starter here during this tryout. It seems like forever since we've gotten a bluebird like this in a breakout player from out of nowhere.
I am more then hopeful. I think pre season means something. It is not void of merit though the realist crowd like to toot their horn with a disdainful harrumph.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I prefer knowledge of the game.

Knowledge of the game is a fundamental prerequisite of any QB, just as physical capabilities are needed to carry that knowledge into action. I have a funny feeling that it will take both of them for us this year. Between the two of them, I think they possess an ample supply of those two qualities between them. Sometimes, it takes more than one to reach a common goal.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I really do hope Dak plays so well as there would be serious discussion about keeping him as starting QB, that's a good problem to have. I love me some Romo, but having his heir ready to play would also be a huge sense of relief. I'm tired of seeing Tony get hit and cringe thinking that the season is down the tubes if he gets injured.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sigh,,..,.., Tony is nowhere near the same quarterback he was in 2014 Welcome to the mid-thirties things change year to year be thankful we have Dak

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So a QB that has never played a down of meaninful NFL football is all of the sudden better than Tony Romo?

I'm as excited as anybody about how Dak looked in the preseason, but give me a freakin' break!

I didn't read Scott's comments that way... It seemed he was saying that Dak is younger and can do some things physically that Romo just cannot do at this point in his career.

Romo's experience, intelligence, and accuracy still will make him a top 10 QB in the league...but there is no question which QB is the most athletically viable at this point.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I didn't read Scott's comments that way... It seemed he was saying that Dak is younger and can do some things physically that Romo just cannot do at this point in his career.

Romo's experience, intelligence, and accuracy still will make him a top 10 QB in the league...but there is no question which QB is the most athletically viable at this point.

yes, and inability to make certain throws, and inability to escape duress may impact even his accuracy.....

time will tell...

T-RO

Reaction score
I can do without Bart Scott.

Here is the deal: There is no quarterback controversy. Not for now..and probably not between these two ever. If the Cowboys are going to make the playoff Dak must succeed. If he isn't good....there won't be any meaningful games in Romo's 2016 season. The team will be buried before December.

If Dak plays well and Romo gets healthy enough to come back...maybe there is a discussion...maybe a debate...maybe a controversy. How about we focus on the first game...the first month of the season?

All real Cowboy fans are rooting for Dak and his success. I have zero doubt about that. Zero doubt. And no real Cowboy fan can be unappreciative of how awesome Romo is and what he's done for the team.

Come Sunday...It's the Dak show. Go Cowboys.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Let's hope we have this "problem". It will be addressed at that time.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Whose mother did Romo screw over? The guy still gets no respect. The guy who sat in the bench and worked his tail off until he earned the starting position four years later. Nobody except the team even really cared about Dak until like two months ago.

Last edited:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yes a rookie who played well in preseason will definitely be much better than Romo, who basically has every statistical record for any Cowboys QB ever to wear a star

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can do without Bart Scott.

Here is the deal: There is no quarterback controversy. Not for now..and probably not between these two ever. If the Cowboys are going to make the playoff Dak must succeed. If he isn't good....there won't be any meaningful games in Romo's 2016 season. The team will be buried before December.

If Dak plays well and Romo gets healthy enough to come back...maybe there is a discussion...maybe a debate...maybe a controversy. How about we focus on the first game...the first month of the season?

All real Cowboy fans are rooting for Dak and his success. I have zero doubt about that. Zero doubt. And no real Cowboy fan can be unappreciative of how awesome Romo is and what he's done for the team.

Come Sunday...It's the Dak show. Go Cowboys.

Translation: If people don't think like you do, they're not REAL Cowboys fan.
Fortunately, in a family, everyone doesn't have to think the same or have the same perspective to belong.