DMN: Alonzo Coleman ready to go if needed

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Alonzo Coleman ready

9:27 AM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The Cowboys have to make a decision on whether to call up running back Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad by 3 p.m. Saturday in order for him to be able to play Sunday.

They almost have to do this, don't they? I think Marion Barber plays despite the toe injury, but I don't know how effective he will be. I don't know if he will last one carry, like he did in the second half vs. Seattle, or if he will last 30 carries with the help of modern medicine, I'm sure.

If the Cowboys lose Barber, they would be down to one tailback, Tashard Choice, if they don't make the Coleman move. Coleman has been getting work with the regulars this week in addition to his scout-team work.

"Whenever they want to call me to go, I'll be ready," said Coleman, who has been on the practice squad the last two years.

Coleman had only 6 yards on seven carries in the preseason and had one catch for 13 yards, but he is a Jerry Jones' favorite. He left Hampton as the school's all-time leading rusher with 4,707 yards and 62 touchdowns. At 5-9, 210, he's more quick than fast. And he's pretty sturdy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
"Ready to Go" is code for "our only other option"

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
zeromaster;2462238 said:
Watch out, bbailey will be all over this any minute now... :eek:
let's roll...I don't care if is Gary Coleman...let's roll.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
How can he be? We have a thread already telling us we are not prepared and have no options.

The sky is falling and no one is paying attention.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2462243 said:
How can he be? We have a thread already telling us we are not prepared and have no options.

The sky is falling and no one is paying attention.
having an option...and having options that can play are two different things. We had options at backup QB...how did that plan work out. THere are PLENTY of teams who have options at backup up RB that can ACUTALLY play. We are about to find out.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
ajk23az;2462236 said:
Alonzo Coleman ready

9:27 AM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The Cowboys have to make a decision on whether to call up running back Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad by 3 p.m. Saturday in order for him to be able to play Sunday.

They almost have to do this, don't they? I think Marion Barber plays despite the toe injury, but I don't know how effective he will be. I don't know if he will last one carry, like he did in the second half vs. Seattle, or if he will last 30 carries with the help of modern medicine, I'm sure.

If the Cowboys lose Barber, they would be down to one tailback, Tashard Choice, if they don't make the Coleman move. Coleman has been getting work with the regulars this week in addition to his scout-team work.

"Whenever they want to call me to go, I'll be ready," said Coleman, who has been on the practice squad the last two years.

Coleman had only 6 yards on seven carries in the preseason and had one catch for 13 yards, but he is a Jerry Jones' favorite. He left Hampton as the school's all-time leading rusher with 4,707 yards and 62 touchdowns. At 5-9, 210, he's more quick than fast. And he's pretty sturdy.

What? I'm confused! I thought the Cowboys were not prepared? I could have sworn I read something like this a few minutes ago!

:cool:

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
This guy is a good back,I really don't understand why they won't give the young man a chance.Next year he will be on someone roster making it happen.

links18

Reaction score
I just want to know who we are going to sign to fill the empty spots on the practice squad? Is Ray Lewis' brother coming back? Is Lowber still on Miami? Is Herschel Walker back on Dallas? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462247 said:
having an option...and having options that can play are two different things. We had options at backup QB...how did that plan work out. THere are PLENTY of teams who have options at backup up RB that can ACUTALLY play. We are about to find out.
Barber, Felix and Choice can actually play.

One day you will find that out. I hope.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbailey423;2462247 said:

Yep every team has a hall of famer as their 4th string running back.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2462259 said:
Barber, Felix and Choice can actually play.

One day you will find that out. I hope.
then why have they not played more...Felix was a 1st round pick that was a "rumor" the majority of the time he was healthy. And Choice has not played nearly enough for a team that only had 2 RBs actice on game day.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462267 said:
then why have they not played more...Felix was a 1st round pick that was a "rumor" the majority of the time he was healthy. And Choice has not played nearly enough for a team that only had 2 RBs actice on game day.

Because MB3 is a Pro Bowl RB. That is why. He should get most of the carries...

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
bbailey423;2462267 said:

Probably ever since Felix has gotten hurt, and the loss of Romo we have been fighting for our lives to win games and stay in the playoff hunt.

You go with your best players, guys you KNOW you can trust.

dffl11

Reaction score
what happened to Lattimore? Did he get picked up on another roster........

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dffl31;2462275 said:
what happened to Lattimore? Did he get picked up on another roster........

He'll be by shortly, just leave your trash cans out by the curb.

Patience.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;2462266 said:
Yep every team has a hall of famer as their 4th string running back.
We don't and it is failure by the front office.

:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
thisisepic;2462271 said:
Probably ever since Felix has gotten hurt, and the loss of Romo we have been fighting for our lives to win games and stay in the playoff hunt.

You go with your best players, guys you KNOW you can trust.
Oh sure, slap him with another fact. I can't tell if it's the slaps or the embarrassment at this point. It ought to be both.

dffl11

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2462282 said:
He'll be by shortly, just leave your trash cans out by the curb.

Patience.

dude......:lmao:

I just want to go to sleep and wake up at 4:15 EST for kickoff.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Get over it. They are not going to call Coleman up. Barber is going to be dressed and ready to play.