DMN: Anthony Spencer *Out*, Sam Hurd hopes to play Sunday night *Merge*

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2271235 said:
Carp is also an ILB, too. The depth of that spot begins and ends with Justin Rogers right now with Spencer out.

Sometimes I forget who I am dealing with. The loss of depth at a position that has none makes it a big loss.

Picture this, if Spencer is in, he gives both Ellis and Ware a breather which makes them fresher late in games. This also means they might be able to get off the field sooner during the first half, because they're able to generate even more pressure with him in the lineup.
I don't recall seeing him ever spell Ware. he spells Ellis and Spencer hasn't shown that much anyways. the most he would spell Ellis would be maybe 5 plays in the game. so since Ellis will have to play maybe 5 more plays is such a huge loss:rolleyes: if Witten or Ware wasn't playing than that would be a big loss. guys like Roy and spencer not playing aren't a big loss. but it's your opinion.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I don't want to be hearing about his knee in November. Shut him down if you have to.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2271088 said:
Anthony Spencer, Sam Hurd hope to play Sunday night

1:33 PM Fri, Sep 19, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips
OLB Anthony Spencer and WR Sam Hurd practiced today and hope to talk the coaches and athletic trainers into letting him play Sunday night in Green Bay.
Spencer said he had an MRI on his right knee Wednesday, and the results were negative. He experienced soreness and stiffness in the knee, which was scoped in late August, after playing limited snaps against the Eagles.
"I think it was just some scar tissue breaking down," Spencer said.
Hurd, who suffered a high ankle sprain in the preseason finale, said he would play against the Packers if it were up to him. But he acknowledged that the team's medical staff might want him to wait a week.

The way Ellis is playing I really don't mind Spencer taking some extra time and not rush him into anything. It really is great to have Ellis playing this well and such a defensive monster in the making waiting in the wings.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Spencer's knee injury doesn't sound serious, it's not like he's going to miss an extended period of time(if anything, I would think he'll be good to go for the Skins game the week after).

At least we have some long term good news here, it's still early in the season-we'll be fine.