DMN: BLog: Adam 'Pacman' Jones was awfully quiet this week

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Adam 'Pacman' Jones was awfully quiet this week

5:21 PM Sat, Sep 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/Vikings%20Cowboys%20Pacman%20Reinstated%20Football-thumb-250x321.jpg
Adam "Pacman" Jones ruffled some feathers in Philadelphia when he dismissed the impressive passing stats the Eagles put up in the season opener. "They played the Rams, dude," he said last Monday, a comment he repeated later in the week when he appeared on Michael Irvin's radio show.

Well, Donovan McNabb and a bunch of backup receivers looked pretty good when they played the Cowboys, dude. And Pacman was at fault for the Eagles' biggest play, the deep ball best remembered for DeSean Jackson's premature celebration.

Perhaps that's why Pacman didn't have anything to say this week. He had been one of the Cowboys' most accessible players since Roger Goodell let him roam the Valley Ranch locker room. But Mr. Jones was nowhere to be found during the media access periods this week.

Maybe coaches and/or teammates suggested Pacman put a sock in it until he does something on the field worth talking about. Or maybe Mr. Jones made that decision on his own.

Sunday night will mark the first time this season that Pacman won't start, with Terence Newman healthy enough to be an every-down cornerback again. But the Packers, who love to spread it out with four- and five-receiver sets, should give Pacman plenty of opportunities to make some noise.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Always better to walk the walk before you talk the talk...:)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's only been 2 games, I think by mid-season, we'll see Pac back in his '06 form

which was very good

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2272730 said:
it's only been 2 games, I think by mid-season, we'll see Pac back in his '06 form

which was very good

and just Maybe before....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
"Sunday night will mark the first time this season that Pacman won't start, with Terence Newman healthy enough to be an every-down cornerback again. But the Packers, who love to spread it out with four- and five-receiver sets, should give Pacman plenty of opportunities to make some noise".

So.......... Tim. Covering your butt either way? Man up and make a prediction one way or the other. Don't hide behind the "starter" label.

Boysboy

Reaction score
If anything, Cowboys players have been awefully quiet themselves this week(especially after yapping too much prior to the Eagles game last week). Guess they're slowly but surely learning their lessons.

It seems like the Packers are the over-confident bunch, especially with Harris coming out saying how they have the best game plan et al.

dre1614

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I thought he played really well vs the Eagles.

I mean how many catches did he allow when he was in man to man?

Reaction score
Cbz40;2272727 said:
Always better to walk the walk before you talk the talk...:)

Especially when you haven't played the game in over a year and looks as rusty as he does technique wise...

Seven

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2272772 said:
Especially when you haven't played the game in over a year and looks as rusty as he does technique wise...

Technique? Flat out befuzzled when it comes to zone. He bites on play fakes and releases his cover way to quick. He's out to prove something and is looking the fool, IMO. Too bad Campo ain't the one to harness this. He's already made him a personal favorite and won't draw the line in the sand.

dre1614

Reaction score
Seven;2272798 said:
Technique? Flat out befuzzled when it comes to zone. He bites on play fakes and releases his cover way to quick. He's out to prove something and is looking the fool, IMO. Too bad Campo ain't the one to harness this. He's already made him a personal favorite and won't draw the line in the sand.

I think he has been our best corner. How many passes has he given up so far in man? 1 for 7 yards?

Seven

Reaction score
dre1614;2272811 said:
I think he has been our best corner. How many passes has he given up so far in man? 1 for 7 yards?

Damn shame we don't line him up in "man" when we're playing a zone. He would be "unstoppable". :rolleyes:

Deep_South

Reaction score
My theory is that Pacman is going to get better as the season goes on and should be peaking toward the end of the season, just in time to help us avoid another December swoon. He can talk then.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I listened to the audio, and I didn't ever hear Pacman say "dude". Am I remembering this right?

The Rams couldn't beat LSU.

Mental mistakes can be corrected. Pacman didn't make a physical mistake.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
He should be fine with more playing time.

They do need to take the reigns off these guys though and let them play more. The coverage schemes have seemed incredibly vanilla and soft since the first preseason game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
41gy#;2272825 said:
I listened to the audio, and I didn't ever hear Pacman say "dude". Am I remembering this right?

The Rams couldn't beat LSU.

Mental mistakes can be corrected. Pacman didn't make a physical mistake.

No, you're right-he didn't. It was Tim McMahon(yet again) sensationalizing things.

Other than that-there was alot of yapping by our guys going into that game. I was relieved we escaped with a win, AND it seems like our guys have learned their lessons going into this Packers game.