DMN: BLog: Adam 'Pacman' Jones was awfully quiet this week

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2272828 said:
He should be fine with more playing time.

They do need to take the reigns off these guys though and let them play more. The coverage schemes have seemed incredibly vanilla and soft since the first preseason game.

Just wait until we get Spencer and Roy back. And Newman didn't play in the preseason.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Boysboy;2272829 said:
No, you're right-he didn't. It was Tim McMahon(yet again) sensationalizing things.

Other than that-there was alot of yapping by our guys going into that game. I was relieved we escaped with a win, AND it seems like our guys have learned their lessons going into this Packers game.
I don't think they are as confident going against the Packers as they were against the Eagles. And frankly I don't blame them; Rodgers and the Pack scare me far more than McNabb and the Eagles did. But don't ask me to explain why. Maybe it is because of the fits that Rodgers gave the boys last year when he stepped in for Favre. He made a game of it when we had been kicking the Favre lead Pack all over the field.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JackMagist;2272842 said:
I don't think they are as confident going against the Packers as they were against the Eagles. And frankly I don't blame them; Rodgers and the Pack scare me far more than McNabb and the Eagles did. But don't ask me to explain why. Maybe it is because of the fits that Rodgers gave the boys last year when he stepped in for Favre. He made a game of it when we had been kicking the Favre lead Pack all over the field.

There's no question that Rodgers is a big upgrade to that Packers offense. The big reason why Favre is being hailed as one of the greatest QBs is b/c he WON A SUPER BOWL. Like I said in another thread, Desmond Howard's KR TD in that Super Bowl was the clincher(prior to that, the Pats O was wearing down the Packers D). Otherwise, he would have gotten a ton of beating from the Green Bay media/fans, even more so than Philly does so with McNabb.

The other thing that scares me though is that we're off a short work from a very emotional, albeit heavyweight Mon Night battle with the Eagles, and now traveling on the road to play a very good team in front of the national spotlight. Like I said, last Spring when I saw the first 3 games of our schedule, I just gasped for breath(0-3 seemed like a possibility). 2-1 back then would at least satisfy me, so it looks like we'll at least be 2-1 after tom night.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dre1614;2272811 said:
I think he has been our best corner. How many passes has he given up so far in man? 1 for 7 yards?

Well, he looks athletic when playing but he needs to learn how to play zone and that's not happening overnight. He also relies too much on his athleticism and not technique according to the coaches. He should get there but right now he's still a little be of a liability.

And he gave up the "TD" to Jackson so he's given up more than one pass for 7 yds.

JackMagist;2272842 said:

I agree he looked better than Favre. No doubt. Totally different game. And no doubt gave him and the Packers a lot of confidence in him.

But he doesn't scare me nor does McNabb. And he's not the QB McNabb is although he should be respected. Just because McNabb plays for Philly doesn't make him less of a QB. My only fault of McNabb is he's not accurate enough esp when games are on the line. And he tries to do too much. He's also not as "smart" a QB as say Aikman was. Neither is Romo yet. And I mean football smarts. McNabb is a franchise QB.

The Packers will be a handful.

dre1614

Reaction score
jobberone;2272864 said:
Well, he looks athletic when playing but he needs to learn how to play zone and that's not happening overnight. He also relies too much on his athleticism and not technique according to the coaches. He should get there but right now he's still a little be of a liability.

And he gave up the "TD" to Jackson so he's given up more than one pass for 7 yds.

I agree he looked better than Favre. No doubt. Totally different game. And no doubt gave him and the Packers a lot of confidence in him.

But he doesn't scare me nor does McNabb. And he's not the QB McNabb is although he should be respected. Just because McNabb plays for Philly doesn't make him less of a QB. My only fault of McNabb is he's not accurate enough esp when games are on the line. And he tries to do too much. He's also not as "smart" a QB as say Aikman was. Neither is Romo yet. And I mean football smarts. McNabb is a franchise QB.

The Packers will be a handful.

looked to me like he passed Jackson off to Roy

Reaction score
this reporter is a lazy tool,,, he should go work for ESPN or something :p:

this just in, McNabb racked up 412 passing yards on the lambs and managed 281yds on the Cowboys. I don't mean to diminish McNabb's impressive effort against the Cowboys, the "dude" is one heckuva QB, but he didn't light up ther Cowboys like he did the Rams, not even close. 281 passing yards is slightly above average, not great.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2272828 said:
He should be fine with more playing time.

They do need to take the reigns off these guys though and let them play more. The coverage schemes have seemed incredibly vanilla and soft since the first preseason game.

QFT

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
EGG;2272886 said:
this reporter is a lazy tool,,, he should go work for ESPN or something :p:

this just in, McNabb racked up 412 passing yards on the lambs and managed 281yds on the Cowboys. I don't mean to diminish McNabb's impressive effort against the Cowboys, the "dude" is one heckuva QB, but he didn't light up ther Cowboys like he did the Rams, not even close. 281 passing yards is slightly above average, not great.

And when did a healthy McNabb and a healthy Westbrook ever pass less than 300 yards against our defense?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Guys talk trash in here all the time, it's all in fun don't be so sensitive folks. Enjoy the players and enjoy the ride. :D

Mansta54

Reaction score
AJ and our secondary will be just fine. Infact, I bet our entire D plays alot better tonite in Green Bay. Look for us to really get after AR. Boyz 34- Pack 17

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if they have a play or two they are working to use him on offense this week.

Whether a play where he actually gets the ball or maybe just as a decoy.