DMN Blog: Aikman on Cowboys possibly advancing to the playoffs: 'Tall order'

skicat1898

Reaction score
Aikman gets a pass with me. Why? Because of his record in the three Super Bowls he played in for us.... :laugh2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
skicat1898;2524452 said:
Aikman gets a pass with me. Why? Because of his record in the three Super Bowls he played in for us.... :laugh2:

I used to feel that way, but it's getting old. Objectivity and negativity toward an organization are two different things. I would rather he straddle the fence than say what's wrong all the time. I couldn't care less whether or not he's a homer. Just don't be a hater.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Troy's just lowering the expectations. If we lose, he'll talk about how Philly is a tough environment, and how we made our beds with the home loss last week, and blowing the lead against the Stealers. What did we expect, after all?

But if we win, it's a triumph for the team, and for Romo (whom he obviously admires).

He'd be right either way, basically.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
percyhoward;2524465 said:
Troy's just lowering the expectations. If we lose, he'll talk about how Philly is a tough environment, and how we made our beds with the home loss last week, and blowing the lead against the Stealers. What did we expect, after all?

But if we win, it's a triumph for the team, and for Romo (whom he obviously admires).

He'd be right either way, basically.
So he is straddling the fence after all? Maybe you're right.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The reason I dont listen to radio while watching the game, is they are not on the same pace. One is usually about 5-8 seconds ahead of the other. The TV broadcast happens before the radio feed. So I would be watching the play, then have to listen to it while the next play is coming up....that gets annoying.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Biggems;2524474 said:
The reason I dont listen to radio while watching the game, is they are not on the same pace. One is usually about 5-8 seconds ahead of the other. The TV broadcast happens before the radio feed. So I would be watching the play, then have to listen to it while the next play is coming up....that gets annoying.

The beauty of Tivo + a Sirius receiver, you can sync up both so that you don't have a time lag.

FWIW, my Sirius receiver is usually a few seconds ahead of the live TV feed, but Sirius allows you to backtrack (much like a Tivo) so that you sync them up.

gmb85

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate towards Troy. He's just keeping it real.

newlander

Reaction score
Relax, he's just being honest, and I agree with him. Anyone who doesn't see it will be very difficult for us to win Sun. is just drinking too much Cowboy KoolAid plain and simple.

30yrheel

Reaction score
newlander;2524823 said:
Relax, he's just being honest, and I agree with him. Anyone who doesn't see it will be very difficult for us to win Sun. is just drinking too much Cowboy KoolAid plain and simple.

you are correct sir. I don't like Troy as an announcer, but he can see the problems with this team as well as anyone, or better.