DMN Blog: Anthony Henry to safety news

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3:49 PM Mon, Dec 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

It looks like Anthony Henry's move to safety could be a long-term thing. Ken Hamlin is walking around in a walking boot. Keith Davis is limping around with a busted knee.

Two safeties are down. Henry played some in the dime package and he could move there Sunday against the Giants.

"I figured at some point in my career I might have to move to safety," Henry said. "I wasn't sure about it coming about this way or in my own timing. But maybe the time is right. We're trying to make a run for the playoffs and for all of us to be on the field at the same time. I'm willing to do it."

If Henry moves to safety long-term, Pacman Jones moves into Henry's spot at corner.
Henry said he's still trying to get comfortable with the move to safety.

"It was like go with it," Henry said. "I knew we got Pac back and they wanted to get all our guys on the field and it was the best way they felt like they could do it. So I went along with it."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
oh boy.

This means hamlin and davis are not playing this week.

The safeties are going to be henry and battle/ball against the best rushing team in the league.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Henry may struggle some at cb, but gotta like his attitude on wanting to help the team and not complain about change of positions like other players.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2474898 said:
oh boy.

The safeties are going to be henry and battle/ball against the best rushing team in the league.

Courtney Brown's around, too, right?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Personally I wanted the move in TC because off all the CB depth we have now...many do not agree, but I think Henry can be a very good FS. He can play man when needed, and now he can go down hill more, rather then stay with speedy WR's. I think he tackles very well...like a solid FS needs to. I just wish we did it in TC...

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
theebs;2474898 said:
oh boy.

This is what was reported on DMN Blog

FS Ken Hamlin: Sprained ankle. Wearing a walking boot on his right foot.
SS Keith Davis: Sprained left knee. Undergoing MRI today.

Should be more details tomorrow.

Mansta54

Reaction score
AH you need to go with it cause you can't play corner anymore but I bet you'll be a damn good safety. If he can stay healthy, he'll be good. He has decent hands and hawks the ball at times..

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Well, I guess Courtney Brown isn't exactly turning heads these days. There's no way Battle should be ahead of him already. I thought he had good potential coming out of the draft. Maybe he should have stayed at CB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;2474913 said:
AH you need to go with it cause you can't play corner anymore but I bet you'll be a damn good safety. If he can stay healthy, he'll be good. He has decent hands and hawks the ball at times..

He might be better than good. It'd be nice to get Jenkins back this week, just in case.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2474898 said:
oh boy.

Oh brother-looks like we may not even be able to play 8 men in the box, even WITH a healthy Jacobs.:(

newlander

Reaction score
He's showing a good, solid attitude about it, because it's never easy to switch positions late in the season and your career like he is being asked to. Question for you guys: does he have the speed to do it effectively? Yeah, I know he has lost a step at CB, but it's different angles and responsibilities at safety than corner back. What's the consensus?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theebs;2474898 said:
oh boy.

Screw that. Both of this guys finished the game from what I remember.

They had better play.

this team cannot afford for them not to.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
were finished unless Romo can win some big games including beating his daddy(the eagles) in philly in december. I just don't see it happening.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
newlander;2474925 said:
He's showing a good, solid attitude about it, because it's never easy to switch positions late in the season and your career like he is being asked to. Question for you guys: does he have the speed to do it effectively? Yeah, I know he has lost a step at CB, but it's different angles and responsibilities at safety than corner back. What's the consensus?

He is fast enough to play FS...this will be more downhill, and less cutting vs. playing CB. FS is more about anticipation and timing...yes speed is important, but he has enough speed. I think he has the instincts to be very good there.

We should have started the season off with Henry at FS, and Hamlin at SS...yes I know we have this Roy fella...that's another story.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474934 said:
Screw that. Both of this guys finished the game from what I remember.

They had better play.

this team cannot afford for them not to.

They'll play. This is crunch time.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Where were you when you saw Anthony Henry make a play during the 2008 season? I was on my couch.

http://img233.*************/img233/4026/ch21sundec72008050110pmkl1.jpg

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2474975 said:
Where were you when you saw Anthony Henry make a play during the 2008 season? I was on my couch.

http://img233.*************/img233/4026/ch21sundec72008050110pmkl1.jpg
the wind helped him out on that.

Nexx

Reaction score
god help us if jacobs can play this week.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Rampage;2474936 said:
were finished unless Romo can win some big games including beating his daddy(the eagles) in philly in december. I just don't see it happening.

:lmao2: You're so predictable!!!! Amazing...;)