DMN Blog: Anthony Henry to safety news

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Mansta54;2474913 said:
AH you need to go with it cause you can't play corner anymore but I bet you'll be a damn good safety. If he can stay healthy, he'll be good. He has decent hands and hawks the ball at times..

What the heck does he mean "I'll go with it" does he have a choice?
These guys crack me up.

I also agree that he will do well as saftey.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2474985 said:
:lmao2: You're so predictable!!!! Amazing...;)
I want it to happen but doubt it does. I used to think all positive like you and it makes it worse when we lose. i'm thinking realistically now that way if we do get in it will be that much sweeter. but according to you i'm not a fan. still hungry?

cowboyz

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2474938 said:
He is fast enough to play FS...this will be more downhill, and less cutting vs. playing CB. FS is more about anticipation and timing...yes speed is important, but he has enough speed. I think he has the instincts to be very good there.

We should have started the season off with Henry at FS, and Hamlin at SS...yes I know we have this Roy fella...that's another story.
he can definately be a good rover. henry knows the routes, he just can't move his body anymore.

i just worry about his quickness making tackles.

perhaps it's the goalline scheme, but henry never hits the hole hard or fills his gap in time. he sits back.

as long as he can stay healthy, i think he'll be good.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
We never should have rushed Roy back so soon from the broken arm. I bet if we would have given him 2-3 more weeks he would have been fine for the stretch run.

WG5516

Reaction score
WOW @ all these injuries. Someone needs to put the voodoo dolls away and hire the most expensive training staff off the madden game!

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Rampage;2474936 said:
were finished unless Romo can win some big games including beating his daddy(the eagles) in philly in december. I just don't see it happening.

You do realize that what you are saying and your signature dont match, right?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2474975 said:
Where were you when you saw Anthony Henry make a play during the 2008 season? I was on my couch.

I dont get all the henry hate. People need to pick out players to bash just so they can justify losses to themselves.

he is a good player and one of the reasons we have been playing good red zone defense.

he can not run with the smaller quicker guys and needs some help on those guys, but he is not nearly the bad player everyone makes him out to be.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rampage;2474980 said:
the wind helped him out on that.

He was in great position, so don't start.

Even Henry knew it would happen eventually, he's not the greatest tackler in the world but the big question is what happens next season if Henry's move to safety is permanent?

adamc91115

Reaction score
Good move... Henry still has a number of good years at FS.

He played FS his rookie year in Cleveland and had 10 interceptions... Hopefully he can do that again.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
adamc91115;2475244 said:
Good move... Henry still has a number of good years at FS.

He played FS his rookie year in Cleveland and had 10 interceptions... Hopefully he can do that again.

Is that really the position he was playing when he had 10 ints? Holy crap, why the hell did they ever move him to corner?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
TheCount;2475253 said:
Is that really the position he was playing when he had 10 ints? Holy crap, why the hell did they ever move him to corner?

I thought he played the nickel position in Cleveland.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Henry has been playing safety a lot this year in special packages. You couldn't expect AJ to move to safety. I'm looking forward to seeing him back there.

The injuries are just bizarre. Someone has put a root curse on us. And not that root.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If Hamlin is hobbled, not 100%, then sit him.

But I would much rather see Kevin Burnett at SS than either Battle or God forbid, Courtney Brown.

Burnett played safety in college and is just as good in coverage as Roy Williams and/or Keith Davis.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't expect Davis to play...his injury looked significant, but Hamlin will play for sure, imo...he was on the field and made the tackle on the last play we were on defense last night on the TD.