WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobby Carpenter on T.O.
3:12 PM Tue, Sep 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter was on the ESPN show First Take this morning. No, he didn't cut the pony tail.

Carpenter was asked what did his teammates think about Terrell Owens' comments regarding needing the ball more following the Cowboys' loss to the Commanders.

"Everybody is upset and frustrated about it," Carpenter said. "I think he said it and guys view it and say, 'maybe that was a little bit out of line.' But at the same time everybody [knows] he's out there practicing everyday. Not many guys, 13 years in this league are putting the effort on the field every day in practice and that's something everyone in that locker room respects."

Carpenter, who was quite good, also picked the Twins to beat the White Sox in tonight's AL one-game playoff.

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2299699 said:
Bobby Carpenter on T.O.

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter was on the ESPN show First Take this morning. No, he didn't cut the pony tail.

Carpenter was asked what did his teammates think about Terrell Owens' comments regarding needing the ball more following the Cowboys' loss to the Commanders.

"Everybody is upset and frustrated about it," Carpenter said. "I think he said it and guys view it and say, 'maybe that was a little bit out of line.' But at the same time everybody [knows] he's out there practicing everyday. Not many guys, 13 years in this league are putting the effort on the field every day in practice and that's something everyone in that locker room respects."

Carpenter, who was quite good, also picked the Twins to beat the White Sox in tonight's AL one-game playoff.

If Carpenter was drafted by a 4-3 D team, he would have turned out to be a stud. Feel bad for the kid b/c he was in the wrong scheme to begin with.

Looks like he's off to a good start becoming a color commentator-I hope he has a good career in this profession assuming he's not playing next year.

FCBarca

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2299699 said:
Bobby Carpenter on T.O.

Yeah, I read that on the blog...'Everybody is upset and frustrated about it'...Doesn't sound necessarily that it was no big deal

ddh33

Reaction score
So Bobby is saying the team didn't like TO's comments?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
FCBarca;2299727 said:
Yeah, I read that on the blog...'Everybody is upset and frustrated about it'...Doesn't sound necessarily that it was no big deal

that is in reference to the loss not owens....I think anyway

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
What an idiot... The White Sox are going to the playoffs not the Twins!!! lol

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theebs;2299733 said:

I think that's right.

The blogger should have specified by putting it in paranthesis inside the quote.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chief;2299755 said:
I think that's right.

The blogger should have specified by putting it in paranthesis inside the quote.

How are people supposed to get upset if they do that!!!

FCBarca

Reaction score
Chief;2299755 said:
I think that's right.

Misblogging then?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Yah, well who else were ESPN going to get on this Dallas team to talk specifically about T.O other than a backup who is dying to get traded before the deadline. Barbie needs to have one opinion and one thing on his mind only. How do I start on this team? The guys talking about a future hall of famer and speaking for everyone else like he's built credibility with the team to do so. When I hear Wade, Jerry, Romo, Witten or Barber say he was out of line and that it really went down this way then I'll believe it. In fact just ask T.O what he's saying and he'll tell you. Barbie Carpenter don't even want himself near the ball, so of course he'll never understand. Good if some guys are getting pissed, especially the guys on D.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2299790 said:
Yah, well who else were ESPN going to get on this Dallas team to talk specifically about T.O other than a backup who is dying to get traded before the deadline. Barbie needs to have one opinion and one thing on his mind only. How do I start on this team? The guys talking about a future hall of famer and speaking for everyone else like he's built credibility with the team to do so. When I hear Wade, Jerry, Romo, Witten or Barber say he was out of line and that it really went down this way then I'll believe it. In fact just ask T.O what he's saying and he'll tell you. Barbie Carpenter don't even want himself near the ball, so of course he'll never understand. Good if some guys are getting pissed, especially the guys on D.

you do know that carpenter is one of romo's closest friends on the team right?

Carpenter didnt say anything bad, but if he did too bad for owens.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2299790 said:

I'm thinking your sticking up for owens is clouding what you are reading.
People with comon sense think Carp is saying that every one is upset at the loss, not your hero.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2299707 said:
If Carpenter was drafted by a 4-3 D team, he would have turned out to be a stud. Feel bad for the kid b/c he was in the wrong scheme to begin with.

Looks like he's off to a good start becoming a color commentator-I hope he has a good career in this profession assuming he's not playing next year.
Carpenter is a stiff.PERIOD! he needs to stop talking and start making some plays.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299807 said:
I'm thinking your sticking up for owens is clouding what you are reading.
People with comon sense think Carp is saying that every one is upset at the loss, not your hero.

Yes, everyone INCLUDING Owens is upset about the loss. Heck-so am I. So what's the big deal?

*sigh* I knew we were in for a LONG week.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2299733 said:

I think he (the poster) was comparing Carpenter's comments to Bradie James' "the loss was no big deal" comments

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2299819 said:
Yes, everyone INCLUDING Owens is upset about the loss. Heck-so am I. So what's the big deal?

*sigh* I knew we were in for a LONG week.

Not every one made it about themselves.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
theebs;2299803 said:
you do know that carpenter is one of romo's closest friends on the team right?

Carpenter didnt say anything bad, but if he did too bad for owens.

You do have some good insight there and yes I know Barbie chases Romo to Cancun. Carpenter needs to keep his pie hole shut but, so does T.O. But if T.O yaps Bobby ain't the one who should be spilling the beans, the real leaders of the team should straighten him out if it needs be and believe me Romo and Owens have talked. Lets not forget Romo and Owens have a very good relationship also.