DMN Blog: Bobby Carpenter on T.O.

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerry should release barbie maybe a 4-3 team needs a finese lb.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299807 said:
I'm thinking your sticking up for owens is clouding what you are reading.
People with comon sense think Carp is saying that every one is upset at the loss, not your hero.

Is that right? Common sense huh? Well read the transcript Mr. Common Sense.

Carpenter was asked what did his teammates think about Terrell Owens' comments regarding needing the ball more following the Cowboys' loss to the Commanders.

"Everybody is upset and frustrated about it," Carpenter said. "I think he said it and guys view it and say, 'maybe that was a little bit out of line.'

Is Barbie talking about losing the game or how the team portrays Owens I need the ball comments more. Furthermore, I am not sticking up for Owens big mouth if you read what I say. What I am saying is that Terrell is a Hall of Famer in waiting. Bobby can't even make the starting lineup and if anyone is going to spill the beans about Terrell, and this should be kept internally, then it should be a leader on this team or offense like Jerry, Wade, Romo, Witten or Barber. T.O is nowhere my hero but he has much more credibility than Barbie. T.O does not usually do right, but he speaks from his heart as selfish as his heart may be, you get the truth out of the guy. I guess you like that Barbie is out doing interviews speaking on behalf of his team that he happens to be a backup on and also on a topic that should be dealt wth internally. Don't worry, they'll ship your beloved Bobby to Detroit before the deadline and you can go follow him there.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2299819 said:
Yes, everyone INCLUDING Owens is upset about the loss. Heck-so am I. So what's the big deal?

*sigh* I knew we were in for a LONG week.

Thanks pal! He was wrong about me sticking up for Owens though. Just don't see how Bobby Carpenter needs to be out doing interviews on what the team thinks of T.O right now. That's my point. If one of the leaders have to get something off their chest then so be it but Barbie should downplay what's going on while answering that question.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
MONT17;2299846 said:
Jerry should release barbie maybe a 4-3 team needs a finese lb.

Lol, just use him to top off a trade for Detroit's Roy Williams.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2299857 said:
Is that right? Common sense huh? Well read the transcript Mr. Common Sense.

Carpenter was asked what did his teammates think about Terrell Owens' comments regarding needing the ball more following the Cowboys' loss to the Commanders.

"Everybody is upset and frustrated about it," Carpenter said. "I think he said it and guys view it and say, 'maybe that was a little bit out of line.'

Is Barbie talking about losing the game or how the team portrays Owens I need the ball comments more. Furthermore, I am not sticking up for Owens big mouth if you read what I say. What I am saying is that Terrell is a Hall of Famer in waiting. Bobby can't even make the starting lineup and if anyone is going to spill the beans about Terrell, and this should be kept internally, then it should be a leader on this team or offense like Jerry, Wade, Romo, Witten or Barber. T.O is nowhere my hero but he has much more credibility than Barbie. T.O does not usually do right, but he speaks from his heart as selfish as his heart may be, you get the truth out of the guy. I guess you like that Barbie is out doing interviews speaking on behalf of his team that he happens to be a backup on and also on a topic that should be dealt wth internally. Don't worry, they'll ship your beloved Bobby to Detroit before the deadline and you can go follow him there.

That was just the press cutting the comments up they way it does for owens.
Does that only happen to owens? Big mouth you are sticking up for owens because he's a future hall of famer, big deal. Carpenter is on this team starter or not, weather or not he stays here I could care less but he has the exact same right as owens to express himself.

I agree that tons of topics should be dealt with internally, owens doesn't allow that. He didn't show Sunday so he does the next best thing in his mind,
run his mouth. You have to agree the best thing he ever could do from day one of becoming a Cowboy is say absolutely nothing. He can't do it.

His mental make up is that weak. So when another player says what Carp said
why call Carpenter out? He more than likely is sticking up for Romo because Romo has to much class and respect for OUR team to say any thing himself.
Carry on carrying owens jock dude.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2299889 said:
Lol, just use him to top off a trade for Detroit's Roy Williams.

Doesn't Stephen Peterman play for Detroit? I believe Corey Procter fits in perfectly with Detroit's blocking schemes. Why not throw him in there too?:laugh1:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299807 said:
I'm thinking your sticking up for owens is clouding what you are reading.
People with comon sense think Carp is saying that every one is upset at the loss, not your hero.

Based on the article on the first page, it sounds like he's talking about Owens not the loss.

"Everybody is upset and frustrated about it," Carpenter said. (This sentence, with no ellipsis, indicates that he's continuing his flow of thought.)"I think he said it and guys view it and say, 'maybe that was a little bit out of line.' But at the same time everybody [knows] he's out there practicing everyday. Not many guys, 13 years in this league are putting the effort on the field every day in practice and that's something everyone in that locker room respects." (Notice, Carpenter says nothing about the loss. The entire focus is on T.O. This leads me to believe he was talking about T.O.)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299894 said:
Does that only happen to owens? Big mouth you are sticking up for owens because he's a future hall of famer, big deal. Carpenter is on this team starter or not, weather or not he stays here I could care less but he has the exact same right as owens to express himself.

I agree that tons of topics should be dealt with internally, owens doesn't allow that. He didn't show Sunday so he does the next best thing in his mind,
run his mouth. You have to agree the best thing he ever could do from day one of becoming a Cowboy is say absolutely nothing. He can't do it.

why call Carpenter out? He more than likely is sticking up for Romo because Romo has to much class and respect for OUR team to say any thing himself.

The truth is neither of these two should be talking but 1 did and the other guy is out there commenting on T.O when really Barbie needs to worry about other things. This is my main point and you got on me for loving T.O. Now you're calling me a big mouth after you basically told me I had no common sense. Plain and simple, Bobby is not adding any value to the situation and he needs to add value to this team in other ways.

In regards to T.O. I was one of the first here after the game to express his stupidity in saying anything negative about the offensive approach of the game when he had 3 huge drops and more less significant one during the game. T.O is in no place to say what he said after his performance but since he did I am hoping someone on that D get's pissed off because we need to play hungry on that side of the ball. What's done is done with T.O, I'm hoping to get something positive out of it. By the way, T.O isn't sqwacking about quantity of plays, he's sqwacking about type of plays and he's still not right for doing so. Garrett will straighten him out.

Just to conclude, none of these guys should be talking about all this garbage to start with and when someone like Bobby continues about it,it's even worse. If you like all the backups running around adding to the media's ability to make a story out of nothing then that's your opinion. Not for me though. I also do recognize that the media manipulates information. There's a way to answer questions so that it is more difficult for them to do. I hear Bobbies on again at 9 tonight while Romo is on another network at the same time. You can go watch Barbie and I'll go watch Romo. How does that sound?

Boysboy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2299910 said:
Based on the article on the first page, it sounds like he's talking about Owens not the loss.

I would like to SEE that interview. Carpenter could have very well been asked, "How does the team feel about the loss?", and he would have responded, "Everyone was upset about it".

But INSTEAD-Calvin probably put that comment in his blog like he was TALKING ABOUT OWENS.

Do you see what I'm saying? McMahon and Watkins are notorious for sensationalizing things.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2299895 said:
Doesn't Stephen Peterman play for Detroit? I believe Corey Procter fits in perfectly with Detroit's blocking schemes. Why not throw him in there too?:laugh1:

Hahahaha! I think Pat Watkins would be a hell of a safety over there too. I say we do our good friends over there in Detroit a favour and package a 3rd, Carpenter, Proctor and Watkins. Hahaha ok, we'll givem a 2nd instead since they're our friends. You kill me!
!:lmao2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2299910 said:

You got my vote. Guess I do have some common sense after all.:bow:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299894 said:

I do agree that from day one it's best when Owens says nothing if it is not conducive or positive to this team.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
FCBarca;2299727 said:
Yeah, I read that on the blog...'Everybody is upset and frustrated about it'...Doesn't sound necessarily that it was no big deal

He may have meant the loss to Washington, not Owens' comments. That "taken out of context" is a hallmark of the local Dallas media.

YAKUZA

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2299934 said:
The truth is neither of these two should be talking but 1 did and the other guy is out there commenting on T.O when really Barbie needs to worry about other things. This is my main point and you got on me for loving T.O. Now you're calling me a big mouth after you basically told me I had no common sense. Plain and simple, Bobby is not adding any value to the situation and he needs to add value to this team in other ways.

In regards to T.O. I was one of the first here after the game to express his stupidity in saying anything negative about the offensive approach of the game when he had 3 huge drops and more less significant one during the game. T.O is in no place to say what he said after his performance but since he did I am hoping someone on that D get's pissed off because we need to play hungry on that side of the ball. What's done is done with T.O, I'm hoping to get something positive out of it. By the way, T.O isn't sqwacking about quantity of plays, he's sqwacking about type of plays and he's still not right for doing so. Garrett will straighten him out.

Just to conclude, none of these guys should be talking about all this garbage to start with and when someone like Bobby continues about it,it's even worse. If you like all the backups running around adding to the media's ability to make a story out of nothing then that's your opinion. Not for me though. I also do recognize that the media manipulates information. There's a way to answer questions so that it is more difficult for them to do. I hear Bobbies on again at 9 tonight while Romo is on another network at the same time. You can go watch Barbie and I'll go watch Romo. How does that sound?

I appologize for the big mouth comment. That was out of line.
You don't think owens needs to worry about other things? Two weeks no production. This from the great owens? As pointed out Carpenter is close to Romo, if he sticks up for him cudos to him. I doubt Carpenter is the only one tired of owens bull. Like you I wish they would all shut up, there is too much talent on this team to let owens and his stupidity start crap.

But since that won't happen maybe some body , any body saying some thing as slight as Carpenter did might get Wade or jerry fired up enough to say some thing. My opinion is neither have the nuts too.

I'll watch both.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2299971 said:
I appologize for the big mouth comment. That was out of line.
You don't think owens needs to worry about other things? Two weeks no production. This from the great owens? As pointed out Carpenter is close to Romo, if he sticks up for him cudos to him. I doubt Carpenter is the only one tired of owens bull. Like you I wish they would all shut up, there is too much talent on this team to let owens and his stupidity start crap.

But since that won't happen maybe some body , any body saying some thing as slight as Carpenter did might get Wade or jerry fired up enough to say some thing. My opinion is neither have the nuts too.

I'll watch both.

No problem man. You're a classy guy and a passionate Cowboy fan in my books. I like a good conversation and I do value your insight. I do think Owens needs to worry about what he's worrying about and that's producing. What he needs to do it talk with Garrett, Romo, Witten and Barber and not the media. Owen's had a decent game last week but certainly needs to perform much better in key situations. He needs to shut his pie hole to the media but talk with the other offensive leaders as their equal and unconditional teammate. Owen's was and is out of line. You're right that Wade don't have the nuts but Garrett and Jerry do.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Please. There is no way Bobby Carpenter meant the team is upset about Owens' comments. Maybe if it was Romo, or Witten, or someone with more authority could it be interpreted that way. But, I'm almost certain he was referring to the team being upset about the loss.

Everything that Owens says is going to be blown out of proportion by the media. He can say, I don't like this, and "this" will be interpreted to mean Jerry, or Romo, or the team, or the fact that he's not getting enough plays, or ice cream, or Rosy O'Donnell. Who cares what they think?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Boysboy;2299707 said:
If Carpenter was drafted by a 4-3 D team, he would have turned out to be a stud. Feel bad for the kid b/c he was in the wrong scheme to begin with.

Looks like he's off to a good start becoming a color commentator-I hope he has a good career in this profession assuming he's not playing next year.

the knock on him is he doesn't like contact, if thats the case the case then a 4-3 scheme isn't going to help him. Hes to be more physcial.