DMN Blog: Brady defends Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9:55 AM Tue, Jan 15, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Any criticism surrounding the Simpson Family Bye Week Fiesta is patently "absurd." Or, at least, that's the way Patriots QB Tom Brady -- who's quite the authority on celebrity girlfriends (see: Reid, Moynahan, Bundchen) -- put it.
Speaking during his weekly appearance on WEEI, a sports radio station in Boston, Brady took up for Cowboys QB Tony Romo.

“Everybody has lives,” Brady said. “We work seven months, eight months, out of the year. You still have a life to live. On the weekends you do whatever you do to relax and rejuvenate. It’s not like they can go to the local eatery in Dallas and hang out.”

With three rings already in his possession, Brady also knows what usually separates right from wrong in these situations.

“If they caught the ball in the end zone at the end, nobody makes any mention (of the Mexico trip),” Brady said. “You alleviate a lot of criticism by winning. That’s what I’ve realized for eight years.”

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (21) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry
The entry "Brady defends Romo" has no entry tags.

sago1

Reaction score
This is at least the 2nd time Brady has stuck up for Romo particularly since the silence from other QBs has been deafening. Maybe I don't dislike Brady as much as I thought I did.

Also how come some now see Romo as a good QB who can't win the big one after only 1.5 years as a starter. Except for Brady, how many other QBs won a playoff game that soon in their careers.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
sago1;1906449 said:
This is at least the 2nd time Brady has stuck up for Romo particularly since the silence from other QBs has been deafening. Maybe I don't dislike Brady as much as I thought I did.

Also how come some now see Romo as a good QB who can't win the big one after only 1.5 years as a starter. Except for Brady, how many other QBs won a playoff game that soon in their careers.

kinda my stance. before this i started to not like him but maybe that's in the same mold as people hating on aikman and the cowboys - just tired of seeing their faces everywhere.

superpunk

Reaction score
Brady knows what's up. You've got to strike while the iron's hot. The opportunity to knock out random models/actresses/starlets isn't going to be there forever. Winning fixes the attention paid.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
iceberg;1906462 said:
kinda my stance. before this i started to not like him but maybe that's in the same mold as people hating on aikman and the cowboys - just tired of seeing their faces everywhere.

I'm sure that's the case.

It is with me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1906449 said:

Because some people want instant success and anything less than they are ready to move on to something different. I did not need to see Payton Manning with a SB ring to know he was a great QB and would continue to put his team in a position to eventually win a SB

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1906472 said:
I'm sure that's the case.

It is with me.

well, he won me back some by defending romo. he needs some friends right now who are not knee-jerking "WIN NOW OR GO" people.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
iceberg;1906485 said:
well, he won me back some by defending romo. he needs some friends right now who are not knee-jerking "WIN NOW OR GO" people.

Well I won't say that he won me over...I still don't want to see his mug everywhere. :D

But sticking up for Romo is a nice thing to do.

vlad

Reaction score
I never got the hatred of Brady. Whats not to like about him? That guy has won 3 superbowls with essentially no-names for his skill positions, outside of Dillon one year. Certainly no #1 WRs prior to this year. He never says anything disrepectul or acts like a punk.

I assume all the haters just have green eyes.

Anyway, I'm glad he's standing up for Tony.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1906494 said:
Well I won't say that he won me over...I still don't want to see his mug everywhere. :D

But sticking up for Romo is a nice thing to do.

oh, i still don't wanna see him all over the place, but that's more a payton manning commercial these days. THANK GOD someone else will be the focus next year. romo can't go to mexico on a day off but manning can make stupid oreo commercials instead w/o problems.

vlad;1906503 said:
I never got the hatred of Brady. Whats not to like about him? That guy has won 3 superbowls with essentially no-names for his skill positions, outside of Dillon one year. Certainly no #1 WRs prior to this year. He never says anything disrepectul or acts like a punk.

cause he's not a cowboy. : )

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
vlad;1906503 said:

I think he's absolutely great. I thoroughly enjoy watching him play and always have.

ayjackson

Reaction score
superpunk;1906467 said:
Brady knows what's up. You've got to strike while the iron's hot. The opportunity to knock out random models/actresses/starlets isn't going to be there forever. Winning fixes the attention paid.

...just make sure you switch targets before the target starts misplacing the birth control.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
iceberg;1906512 said:
oh, i still don't wanna see him all over the place, but that's more a payton manning commercial these days. THANK GOD someone else will be the focus next year. romo can't go to mexico on a day off but manning can make stupid oreo commercials instead w/o problems.

That Oreo commercial is a insult to Oreo cookies! :D

burmafrd

Reaction score
I do not like him- but that is as much as him being the Pats QB as anything else. He actually has to stick up for Romo since there are no other WINNING QBs around laying starlets, etc.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1906535 said:
That Oreo commercial is a insult to Oreo cookies! :D

it'll be awhile before i can look at an oreo with a straight face again.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Hostile;1906519 said:
I think he's absolutely great. I thoroughly enjoy watching him play and alwasy have.

Come to think of it...now that we are out....i rather them win....the guy has been nothing less than great, he deserves it

its people on their D that makes me not want them 2 win....For instance, Harrison

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1907166 said:
Come to think of it...now that we are out....i rather them win....the guy has been nothing less than great, he deserves it

its people on their D that makes me not want them 2 win....For instance, Harrison
the guy i hate the most from that team is thug wilfork

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Of course he defended him. He's vulnerable to the same accusations/scrutiny.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Who couldn't like a guy who refuses to do commercials unless his offensive linemen get to be in them? It's a sharp contrast to Peyton, who would sell tampons if you cut him a $50 check.