DMN Blog: Chad Johnson will kiss the Cowboys' star

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
LINK

We just finished up a conference call with Chad Ocho Cinco -- or Johnson, if you prefer -- from the Bengals. You're not going to believe what all he had to say. This is just a taste. More to come.

Johnson: "I've got so much respect for y'all, if I score Sunday, I've love Dallas so much, I'm going to take my helmet off, get a fine and kiss the star."

Q: The one at midfield?

A: Midfield? That's a long [expletive] jog.

Q: What do you mean 'if?'

A: OK, when I score, I'm going to take my helmet off and kiss the star. Can I do that?

Q: Why not?

A: That's not a sign of disrespect. That's a good thing isn't it?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More Ocho Cinco: I'm not holding nothing back
10:30 AM Wed, Oct 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Here's how things started today with Chad Ocho Cinco. Cincinnati PR man Jack Brennan asked a simple question: "Everybody read for Chad? OK, here he is?"

Thirty seconds in, we had a good idea that Ocho Cinco was ready to flap his gums.

"Is this D-town?," Johnson asked. "Get up, get your pen, get your records, get everything you need to get, because I'm letting it rip. I'm not holding nothin' back. We 0-4. We pissed off. I'm pissed off. The players over here are pissed off. Somebody's got to pay.

"I want you to tell [defensive coordinator] Brian Stewart that I love him to death, but somebody's got to get it."

Is that to say after an 0-4 start, are the Bengals ready to do whatever it takes to get a win?

"Man, we are going to throw everything, including the kitchen sink, out there in Dallas. I'm bringing the cold tub, the hot tub, I'm bringing the training room. What else can we do?"

Q: You guys are 0-4, so how can you say that?

"We don't have a choice. We've got to do everything possible to get out of this slump? T.J., am I right. Housh just said I"m right. He's standing right here with me. You know what, our trainer just said we need a slump buster. I think we need to open up -- period. That's what I think. I think we've been very vanilla. I don't know the word to use. I'm not sure why, but at this point, you've got to go all out. Why not? You're playing against a team like Dallas, there's no time to half-step at all."

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Don Corleone

Reaction score
:laugh2: Okay, will he do that if his team is losing by 30 and he finally scores in the 4th quarter?

This fascination the opposing teams have with the star is getting out of hand.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301471 said:
:laugh2: Okay, will he do that if his team is losing by 30 and he finally scores in the 4th quarter?

That's his way of telling Jones and his Organization that he wants to be in a Cowboy uniform.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BigD;2301483 said:
It's clear Ocho wants to be a Cowboy.

I think if you poll NFL players in general, they would all love to play for Dallas. A high profile team with a high profile owner that wants to win.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
everyone plays Dallas like this....they go all out. Yet we sit back and allow the WRs to catch the ball...then make the tackle.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
nyc;2301455 said:

Johnson: "I've got so much respect for y'all, if I score Sunday, I've love Dallas so much, I'm going to take my helmet off, get a fine and kiss the star."

And a 15 yard penalty. Go for it.

Putting yourself above the team...what's not to like about that?:rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ocho Cinco: I'm going to put on a show at Pacman's expense
11:03 AM Wed, Oct 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Chad Ocho Cinco asked the Valley Ranch media to pass on a message to Cowboys players that he needs some extra tickets.

"I need 10 tickets so my family does not have to sit in the sky," Ocho Cinco said. "If I am going to put on a show, I want them to be able to sit close."

You're gonna put on a show, huh?

"I don't have a choice. I don't have a choice," he said. "Somebody tell Pacman or Adam or whatever the hell he wants to be called -- he is going to get it. Anthony Henry, he's going to get it."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Ocho Cinco: I'm going to put on a show at Pacman's expense" is tagged: Anthony Henry , Chad Ocho Cinco

Categories: Pacman Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the record: Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco?
11:03 AM Wed, Oct 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

You knew this would come up. Just what exactly should we call him in our stories?

Chad Johnson or Chad Ocho Cinco?

"I'm going to be Ocho until the cows come home," the receiver said.

Q: So our stories should say Chad Ocho Cinco?

"Matter of fact, don't even say Chad."

Q: What are you a Brazilian soccer player?

"Yeah, Ocho Cinco. Just one name. I might as well. Hey, Dallas, dude, I ain't never been in Dallas before, but I love y'all. I don't know why."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
man i get the idea of when i read his interviews im reading an interview of someone on meth i can't stop laughing...this guy is a character just like cricket...imagine them both on our team :D

QT

Reaction score
I like me some Ocho Cinco! He's entertaining. He's never been to Dallas?!

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
QuanTran;2301603 said:
I like me some Ocho Cinco! He's entertaining. He's never been to Dallas?!
I hope our D is ready, they have weapons and they are looking for a breakout game.

Reaction score
nyc;2301455 said:
LINK

We just finished up a conference call with Chad Ocho Cinco -- or Johnson, if you prefer -- from the Bengals. You're not going to believe what all he had to say. This is just a taste. More to come.

Q: The one at midfield?

A: Midfield? That's a long [expletive] jog.

Q: What do you mean 'if?'

A: OK, when I score, I'm going to take my helmet off and kiss the star. Can I do that?

Q: Why not?

A: That's not a sign of disrespect. That's a good thing isn't it?

Bi-Polar!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
To me, Ocho tries hard to be tough when he just isn't. I love TD celebrations but not ones that have the feel that they stayed up all week planning for it. The HoF jacket was just lame. I couldn't even get mad or happy about it... it just stunk of trying too hard. No, I am not a fan of Ocho Cinco nor am I in favor of him ever playing for Dallas. His best days have been gone for a while now. Join his cousin SheShawn

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2301533 said:
And a 15 yard penalty. Go for it.

Putting yourself above the team...what's not to like about that?:rolleyes:
:bow:

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301471 said:

Until we stop them, what can we really say about it?