DMN Blog: Chad Johnson will kiss the Cowboys' star

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2301735 said:
Until we stop them, what can we really say about it?

Stop what? He's going to act the same way, and give his team a 15 yard penalty even if they're losing bad? Scoring a TD does not give one the right to pop a helmet off and make a mockery of another team's logo (even though some would argue that kissing the star is not a sign of mockery or disrespect).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
According to a lot of our own fans we suck chad so maybe you wont have to bring the kitchen sink.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bring it on. Now the defense needs to take this as another challenge and they need to shut Johnson down.

Dimuha

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301498 said:
I think if you poll NFL players in general, they would all love to play for Dallas. A high profile team with a high profile owner that wants to win.

It's the star on the helmet, the most presitgous team in football. And ask Michael or Emmit, there's NOTHING better than being a Cowboys when the team's on top, Jeremy Schapp said it best, " Being a Cowboy when the team is winning is like being lord of the universe."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This game should be named the idiot bowl.

Pacman said johnson would continue his poor play just like the first four weeks!!!! Apparently they are close friends so it is all in fun.

The pregame warmups should be entertaining this week!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him with a star, he is a little weird though. You gotta be really weird for me to say that too.

Big D

Reaction score
Ocho Cinco is a fun guy. It's also funny how he is interpreted by others.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2301498 said:
I think if you poll NFL players in general, they would all love to play for Dallas. A high profile team with a high profile owner that wants to win.

Our guys, especially on the defensive side of the ball, played like they didnt give a dam about wearing the star last Sunday.:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2301616 said:
I hope our D is ready, they have weapons and they are looking for a breakout game.

If we lose, I will expect Wade's resignation.

No excuses, no discussion, a loss at home to a winless team is grounds for dismisal.

Somebody explain to Wade this is not Buffalo.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL Tells Ocho Cinco No Smooching Star
Posted by mickshot at 10/1/2008 5:15 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Not so fast Mr. Ocho Cinco, the re-named Cincinnati wide receiver who says he respects the Cowboys organization so much – can you say still angling for a trade – that if he scores a touchdown on Sunday at Texas Stadium "to show my respect for Dallas and its owner Jerry Jones, I'm going to score and I'm going to kiss the star. I'm not being rude about anything. I'm going to kiss the star. I'm excited about going to Dallas."

Ah, but the NFL is saying, Bengal beware. Bengals.com contacted the NFL about such a post-touchdown celebration to see if all that's cool with the Manhattan watchdogs, and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said any such midfield affection with a star would draw a 15-yard penalty.

"You cannot go to the ground for a TD celebration,” Aiello emailed, assuming Chad Johnson couldn’t just bend over to smooch the turf. “In addition, running to the middle of the field to celebrate a TD is taunting."

- Mickey Spagnola

Comments (13) | Permanent Link

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2302629 said:
NFL Tells Ocho Cinco No Smooching Star
Posted by mickshot at 10/1/2008 5:15 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Not so fast Mr. Ocho Cinco, the re-named Cincinnati wide receiver who says he respects the Cowboys organization so much – can you say still angling for a trade – that if he scores a touchdown on Sunday at Texas Stadium "to show my respect for Dallas and its owner Jerry Jones, I'm going to score and I'm going to kiss the star. I'm not being rude about anything. I'm going to kiss the star. I'm excited about going to Dallas."

Ah, but the NFL is saying, Bengal beware. Bengals.com contacted the NFL about such a post-touchdown celebration to see if all that's cool with the Manhattan watchdogs, and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said any such midfield affection with a star would draw a 15-yard penalty.

"You cannot go to the ground for a TD celebration,” Aiello emailed, assuming Chad Johnson couldn’t just bend over to smooch the turf. “In addition, running to the middle of the field to celebrate a TD is taunting."

- Mickey Spagnola

Comments (13) | Permanent Link
Come on, Spags. The headline is misleading. The NFL didn't tell him no. They told him he would be penalized for taunting. There's a difference.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigD;2301483 said:
It's clear Ocho wants to be a Cowboy.

LMAO thats Chad's version(kissing the star) of wearing a Cowboys Jersey in the locker room :laugh2: