DMN Blog: Coaches say it's premature to discuss Pacman Jones' role

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12:29 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Defensive coordinator Brian Stewart and secondary coach Dave Campo didn't want to speculate about Pacman Jones' role once he's allowed back on the field.

The coaches will have a couple weeks to evaluate Pacman in practice. They want to see what kind of shape he's in and how much knowledge of the defense he's retained before even thinking about whether he'll be a starter, a nickel back or a benchwarmer.

"We've just got to wait for him to get here, take a look at what he has retained from being here and not being here and move forward from there," Stewart said. "So I don't think we have any expectations besides, let's just see how it works and everything will play itself out."

Added Campo: "We don't know what shape he's going to be in coming back. He's got to work his way back in. He's just going to be part of the group. We just have to see what he can do. I don't know if we have any expectations other than hopefully he will come back and pick up where he left off and go forward."

Of course, if you think Jerry Jones expects such a high-profile player to ride pine, you're crazy. Count on the coaches carving out a significant role for Pacman.

"If he comes back and he's mentally into it," Campo said, "he can help us."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Just throw him into the fire and let him adapt. It's not as if Henry is playing good.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I do not like Pacman. Let me rephrase that. I depise PacMan. I will never support a Dallas Cowboy less than him.

However, he will help us in the secondary. Especially with the emergence of Jenkins at corner. I hope the coaches can slide Henry to FS in passing situations. I want Jenkins to see the field as much as possible. He is really growing out there.

But getting Pac back will only help this secondary. He is extremely aggressive out there, and tries to make a play every time he's on the field. As a player, you have to like what he brings to the table. It's just to bad that as a human, the only thing he can bring to the table is a lawsuit.

hockix

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2431611 said:
But getting Pac back will only help this secondary. He is extremely aggressive out there, and tries to make a play every time he's on the field. As a player, you have to like what he brings to the table. It's just to bad that as a human, the only thing he can bring to the table is a lawsuit.

Can't say it better

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do not like Pacman. Let me rephrase that. I depise PacMan. I will never support a Dallas Cowboy less than him.

However, he will help us in the secondary. Especially with the emergence of Jenkins at corner. I hope the coaches can slide Henry to FS in passing situations. I want Jenkins to see the field as much as possible. He is really growing out there.

i agree, almost completely. I am guilty of being one of those guys who will support him, as far as what he does on the field, to the point of absolutely cheering him wildly when he's here and doing right.

But I didn't want him here and I won't be hurt when he's gone, and I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score

why? why do people still want henry at fs? he's washed up. this reminds me of all the dumb talk about moving Bambi to linebacker. the guy is so slow noy and you want him in centerfield?

zeromaster

Reaction score
Fortunately it's not premature to talk about it or anything else (like the draft????) in this forum.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting a strong vibe of relative indifference regarding Adam Jones' return in many areas of the organization, from the owner, to the coaches, and to the players.

It seems to me that the team has reached the point where they really don't care what he does at this point.

If he plays and can help the team - fine.

And if he screws up even the least bit, he's gone never to return - and it sounds like that's fine too.

That sounds good to me because I think it's exactly the type of attitude everyone should have.

It's now completely up to him.

This team cannot and will not depend on him to do the right thing.

And if he screws up again, the only person he's taking down is himself.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Easy. Pac is a better man-to-man CB rather than zone. He fits perfectly into what we're doing right now because of TNew's return and the emergence of Scandrick. Have Newman and Jenkins as starters for NOW, but work Pac into Jenkins spot while having Scandrick as the nickel back. God we are so deep at CB it's ridiculous