DMN Blog: Commanders LT rubs it in a little

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8:08 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

LT Chris Samuels played a major role in the Commanders racking 381 total yards, doing a decent job of keeping DeMarcus Ware off Jason Campbell and paving the way for many of Clinton Portis' 121 rushing yards.

And Samuels led the way in talking trash on the way out of Texas Stadium. He vowed to celebrate while staying healthy, but he gloated about the "salty taste" left in the Cowboys' mouths by the Commanders winning their final meeting here.

"It feels really good," Samuels said. "I hate Dallas. Never liked them, and to come up here and get a victory against them feels good."

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

sk0aL

Reaction score
That right there proves why we always play down to the Deadskins, because we don't hate them like they hate us.

It's called pride.
It's called heart.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Call George Teague

Apparently, and I did not see this myself, Commanders reserve running back Rock Cartwright decided to add some spice to the Cowboys-Commanders rivalry after the game.

According to Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson, Cartwright made a point of celebrating on the star after the game. Johnson sounded none too pleased.

"This is how it is - when you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star. It's the fourth game of the season and no one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them and I'm surprised he did that to us. I guess that's just how he is."

This is not the first time the star has been dissed.

The most famous incident came when Terrell Owens was with the 49ers and he celebrated a couple of touchdown catches in a blowout win. Only he paid a price when safety George Teague went after him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 07:49 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

khiladi

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293701 said:
Call George Teague

Apparently, and I did not see this myself, Commanders reserve running back Rock Cartwright decided to add some spice to the Cowboys-Commanders rivalry after the game.

According to Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson, Cartwright made a point of celebrating on the star after the game. Johnson sounded none too pleased.

"This is how it is - when you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star. It's the fourth game of the season and no one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them and I'm surprised he did that to us. I guess that's just how he is."

The most famous incident came when Terrell Owens was with the 49ers and he celebrated a couple of touchdown catches in a blowout win. Only he paid a price when safety George Teague went after him.

- Mac Engel

Stop whining and protect the star Tank... Play like a man and get some damn pressure up-front, because you've been playing like crap...

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Oh well they won, if u are having fun why not talk smack, I'm pretty sure both teams were talking smack during the game.... Just think when I go to work tommorow, 2 of my co-workers are Commander fans, now i have to here that for atleast 7 weeks..... Jokes like TO crying "that my QB", Pink #9 Jerseys and everything else they have to say about hating the Cowboyz

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
to the victor, belong the spoils

I wish we could find some sort of motivation, a pissed off coach, and a laid-back coach, can't seem to get it out of this team, idk

StylisticS

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293701 said:
Call George Teague

- Mac Engel

What will you do about this Tank? How will you respond to that? Sorry, but I cannot wait for the game in November. It will be a fight in that game as well and I don't think Dallas will play that nice little cut finesse offense either.

khiladi

Reaction score
StylisticS;2293747 said:
What will you do about this Tank? How will you respond to that? Sorry, but I cannot wait for the game in November. It will be a fight in that game as well and I don't think Dallas will play that nice little cut finesse offense either.

I wouldn't put your money on it... Dallas spoke so much garbage about how Detroit would get it for dis-respecting us the prior year, and we let Kitna go wild on us again, nearly squeaking out a win...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They can say whatever they want. They lined up and ran straight ahead at the critical moment of the game. OVer and over and over.

They need to be congratulated and our team needs to embrace the adversity.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2293744 said:
they always have hated us more. they won their SB today.

we have bigger fish to fry
that's got to be the lamest, overused excuse there is.

ologan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293681 said:
8:08 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

LT Chris Samuels played a major role in the Commanders racking 381 total yards, doing a decent job of keeping DeMarcus Ware off Jason Campbell and paving the way for many of Clinton Portis' 121 rushing yards.

And Samuels led the way in talking trash on the way out of Texas Stadium. He vowed to celebrate while staying healthy, but he gloated about the "salty taste" left in the Cowboys' mouths by the Commanders winning their final meeting here.

"It feels really good," Samuels said. "I hate Dallas. Never liked them, and to come up here and get a victory against them feels good."

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Like I've said in a previous post,nothing would be better than beating these a**holes in THE final game to be played in Texas Stadium...EVER!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
sk0aL;2293696 said:
That right there proves why we always play down to the Deadskins, because we don't hate them like they hate us.

It's called pride.
It's called heart.

:hammer: X 100000000

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293701 said:
Call George Teague

- Mac Engel

Sorry Tank if you weren't capser the friendly ghost out there we prob would have had a better chance of winning.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jimmy40;2293780 said:
that's got to be the lamest, overused excuse there is.

it's true though

RedskinFan has often said they would rather be 2-14 with both wins against us than 14-2 with both losses against us.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2293900 said:
it's true though

RedskinFan has often said they would rather be 2-14 with both wins against us than 14-2 with both losses against us.
oh, it's the fans super bowl. ok I'll buy that, the Commanders players were acting like just another day at the office. Their QB is a cool customer. I'm impressed by that young man.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;2293910 said:
oh, it's the fans super bowl. ok I'll buy that, the Commanders players were acting like just another day at the office. Their QB is a cool customer. I'm impressed by that young man.

I'm not **** him and their whole organization

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jimmy40;2293910 said:

They weren't as bad as that 14-13 game, that is for sure.

He played a good game for sure, no turnovers in four games is impressive.

He just needs to grow a better stache or shave that gay one he has off

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293681 said:

Good.

Dallas should use these events as motivation for the next game against Washington.