DMN Blog: Commanders LT rubs it in a little

jimmy40

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2293914 said:
I'm not **** him and their whole organization
:laugh2: I used to be that way but hell, if the players can laugh and hug each other after games I'm not going to let it tear me up.

StylisticS

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2293900 said:
it's true though

RedskinFan has often said they would rather be 2-14 with both wins against us than 14-2 with both losses against us.

Yeah basically. I'm from Texas but moved out here to DC for a while and the fans absolutely hate the Cowboys more than Cowboy fans in Texas hate the Skins. I tell people here in DC all the time and they don't believe me.

I think when you look at the organization standpoint,you can make an argument that the Commanders hate us more but the Cowboys basically look at the Commanders and say, "you're no different than all the other teams that hate us which is all 31 of them." Maybe I'm overreacting on the organization standpoint. But not the fans. I do love beating Washington the most though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293701 said:
Call George Teague

Apparently, and I did not see this myself, Commanders reserve running back Rock Cartwright decided to add some spice to the Cowboys-Commanders rivalry after the game.

According to Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson, Cartwright made a point of celebrating on the star after the game. Johnson sounded none too pleased.

"This is how it is - when you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star. It's the fourth game of the season and no one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them and I'm surprised he did that to us. I guess that's just how he is."

This is not the first time the star has been dissed.

The most famous incident came when Terrell Owens was with the 49ers and he celebrated a couple of touchdown catches in a blowout win. Only he paid a price when safety George Teague went after him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 07:49 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

We'll just sign him as a Cowboy and all will be forgiven. ;)

StylisticS

Reaction score
khiladi;2293752 said:
I wouldn't put your money on it... Dallas spoke so much garbage about how Detroit would get it for dis-respecting us the prior year, and we let Kitna go wild on us again, nearly squeaking out a win...

I hear ya. But I think this could light a fire in him as well as the team not for just the rematch, but for the remainder of the season because make no mistake, Washington will not be the only team to play it's best game against Dallas this season.

jimmy40

Reaction score
StylisticS;2293973 said:
Yeah basically. I'm from Texas but moved out here to DC for a while and the fans absolutely hate the Cowboys more than Cowboy fans in Texas hate the Skins. I tell people here in DC all the time and they don't believe me.

I think when you look at the organization standpoint,you can make an argument that the Commanders hate us more but the Cowboys basically look at the Commanders and say, "you're no different than all the other teams that hate us which is all 31 of them." Maybe I'm overreacting on the organization standpoint. But not the fans. I do love beating Washington the most though.

For me it will always be Pittsburg, nothing hurts worse than losing Super Bowls, even after beating them in SB30, I still hate em.

StylisticS

Reaction score
jimmy40;2293989 said:
For me it will always be Pittsburg, nothing hurts worse than losing Super Bowls, even after beating them in SB30, I still hate em.

and for me, i hate the Niners more than any other team and I'm only 25. Just seeing them suffer makes me smile like it was christmas everyday. Ever since that BS 1994 NFC Championship game. I hate Washington the 2nd most and the most in our division. But it cannot replace the niners.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rock Cartwright Responds

Commanders running back Rock Cartwright responded to Tank Johnson's assertion that he was disrespecting the Cowboys on the star today after the game:

"He was a little frustrated that we won. He got mad that I went and stood at the middle of the star," Cartwright said. "I went to say, 'hello' to everybody, and he got mad. It is what it is. I'm passed it. I'm not worried about it. I think they're just mad at me that we came in and got a win today. It's part of the game. You win some, you lose some."

- Mac Engel

Posted at 09:25 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293681 said:
8:08 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

LT Chris Samuels played a major role in the Commanders racking 381 total yards, doing a decent job of keeping DeMarcus Ware off Jason Campbell and paving the way for many of Clinton Portis' 121 rushing yards.

And Samuels led the way in talking trash on the way out of Texas Stadium. He vowed to celebrate while staying healthy, but he gloated about the "salty taste" left in the Cowboys' mouths by the Commanders winning their final meeting here.

"It feels really good," Samuels said. "I hate Dallas. Never liked them, and to come up here and get a victory against them feels good."

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

*shrugs* They smacked us a good one-he has a right to talk trash.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294695 said:
*shrugs* They smacked us a good one-he has a right to talk trash.

I saw that on the local nbc postgame tonight.

he was gloating and he intentionally ticked off players here by rubbing it in.

That is fine. For a spare part player that is not very smart.

Air Force One

Reaction score
"but he gloated about the "salty taste" left in the Cowboys' mouths by the Commanders winning their final meeting here."

They think this is their last game at Texas Stadium. Probably so since they won't make the playoffs. But maybe, just maybe the football gods will put them in Texas Stadium in the playoffs.
:bow:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Air Force One;2294761 said:
"but he gloated about the "salty taste" left in the Cowboys' mouths by the Commanders winning their final meeting here."

They think this is their last game at Texas Stadium. Probably so since they won't make the playoffs. But maybe, just maybe the football gods will put them in Texas Stadium in the playoffs.
:bow:

Even Amani Toomer was talking trash after the Giants beat us in the playoffs. Toomer is usually pretty quiet.

Honestly-I think there's alot of deep blooded hatred toward us around the entire league. Remember the Pats trashed the locker room at TX Stadium after they played us. Eagles players love to rub it in us at this stadium after they beat us. Etc, etc.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2293891 said:
Sorry Tank if you weren't capser the friendly ghost out there we prob would have had a better chance of winning.

Funny how I didnt hear Tank's name mentioned one freaking time during the whole game and now he is talking about being disrepected???

Hey Tank, maybe if you actually got your named called once or twice during the game then maybe Cartright would not be dancing on the star, Ya think.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
jimmy40;2293965 said:
:laugh2: I used to be that way but hell, if the players can laugh and hug each other after games I'm not going to let it tear me up.

Yea, kinda sad that the fans take losses alot more hard then the players do.

I didnt laugh or hug anybody after the loss today. In fact, my neighbor was rubbing it in and making jokes about the team.

I told him to get the hell out of my drive way.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Boysboy;2294764 said:
Honestly-I think there's alot of deep blooded hatred toward us around the entire league.
no kidding:D

It's because we're America's Team and they're not.:cool:

I'll tell you why this loss really sucks: somewhere out there Bill Bates is hurting over this more than any of us. I like to win these Commander games for him, for the way he played during his career and his honest and true hatred for the skins.