WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7:02 AM Mon, Nov 10, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Pre-Monday morning carpool editions:

I. The Cowboys had the week off but that didn't stop the folks in NBC's Football Night in America studio show from yakking about the team anyway. Said Peter King "I talked to (Tony) Romo yesterday and one of the things he told me was he's definitely playing and he'll be playing with a splint." I don't know if that is news or not. It's all a blur when it comes to TV talk and the Cowboys. But it was important for NBC to mention Romo and the Cowboys. After all, they play on the network Sunday night when they visit the Commanders.

II. Fox's Terry Bradshaw said he thinks Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, University of Georgia head coach Mark Richt and Florida head coach Urban Meyer are top candidates for NFL head coaching positions as they become available. Countered Jimmy Johnson:"I'd hire head coach Mike Leach of Texas Tech before I'd hire any of those guys."
Question: Was Johnson dissing all of Bradshaw's picks or complimenting Leach. If I was in Vegas, I'd bet the dissing.

III. Didn't watch ESPN's 2-hour studio show Sunday morning, but the WWL's public relations department was nice enough to send highlighted quotes from the show and I think we have a first for the season: Neither Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka nor Keyshawn Johnson took a shot at Terrell Owens.

IV. If Las Vegas posted odds on what ABC's pick will be for the Saturday, Nov. 22 prime time game it would have to be 1-100 that it will be Texas Tech at Oklahoma.

V, As for this Saturday's ABC prime-time game: Who cares?

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2410559 said:
II. Fox's Terry Bradshaw said he thinks Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, University of Georgia head coach Mark Richt and Florida head coach Urban Meyer are top candidates for NFL head coaching positions as they become available. Countered Jimmy Johnson:"I'd hire head coach Mike Leach of Texas Tech before I'd hire any of those guys."
Question: Was Johnson dissing all of Bradshaw's picks or complimenting Leach. If I was in Vegas, I'd bet the dissing.

Urban Meyer and Mark Richt need to stay in college. Take a lesson from Petrino and Saban. Coach Johnson is right, they would be terrible choices and throwing Leach in there was a backhanded slap, no doubt. Terry Bradshaw is still as dumb as Thomas Henderson said he was.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander;2410567 said:
Urban Meyer and Mark Richt need to stay in college. Take a lesson from Petrino and Saban. Coach Johnson is right, they would be terrible choices and throwing Leach in there was a backhanded slap, no doubt. Terry Bradshaw is still as dumb as Thomas Henderson said he was.

Exactly.

Spagnuolo, yes, he'll be a top candidate.

As great as Urban Meyer is as a college coach, I just don't see his offense working in the NFL. The quarterback would be dead.

I think Petrino's and Saban's flame-outs will bring a temporary halt to NFL teams reaching into the college ranks.

The only college coaches I can see getting a shot would be Pete Carroll, because he's been there before and because some foolish team will still think he's an NFL head coach; Les Miles and Charlie Weis, because of their experience as NFL assistants. Of course, I don't think Weis is that popular these days as a head coaching candidate, but he may need some sort of job soon.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Alexander;2410567 said:

Meyer has stated over and over that he has no interest in the pro game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2410559 said:
7:02 AM Mon, Nov 10, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Pre-Monday morning carpool editions:

I. The Cowboys had the week off but that didn't stop the folks in NBC's Football Night in America studio show from yakking about the team anyway. Said Peter King "I talked to (Tony) Romo yesterday and one of the things he told me was he's definitely playing and he'll be playing with a splint." I don't know if that is news or not. It's all a blur when it comes to TV talk and the Cowboys. But it was important for NBC to mention Romo and the Cowboys. After all, they play on the network Sunday night when they visit the Commanders.

III. Didn't watch ESPN's 2-hour studio show Sunday morning, but the WWL's public relations department was nice enough to send highlighted quotes from the show and I think we have a first for the season: Neither Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka nor Keyshawn Johnson took a shot at Terrell Owens.

IV. If Las Vegas posted odds on what ABC's pick will be for the Saturday, Nov. 22 prime time game it would have to be 1-100 that it will be Texas Tech at Oklahoma.

V, As for this Saturday's ABC prime-time game: Who cares?

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

This pisses me off cause Leach could have been the HC for Miami but instead they went with Shannon

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2410635 said:
This pisses me off cause Leach could have been the HC for Miami but instead they went with Shannon

Yep, apparently Leach wanted that job.

Hey, he's not for everyone. As successful as he's been in Lubbock, Leach is odd and quirky enough, as well as unpredictable, that he most likely scares some school presidents and athletic directors.

He was high maintenance his first couple of years in Lubbock, but once they all got used to each other, it's been good. What he's done there (especially this year) is phenomenal. He's a breath of fresh air for college football.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chief;2410750 said:
Hey, he's not for everyone. As successful as he's been in Lubbock, Leach is odd and quirky enough, as well as unpredictable, that he most likely scares some school presidents and athletic directors.

He was high maintenance his first couple of years in Lubbock, but once they all got used to each other, it's been good. What he's done there (especially this year) is phenomenal. He's a breath of fresh air for college football.

I don't know anything about Leach, but if you look back. Some of the smartest men to walk the earth have been "odd and quirky".

Albert Einstein would always put his shoes on the wrong foot, used to stick his tongue out when he had his picture taken, wouldn't ever comb his hair, and had a closet full of the same clothes because he would freak out trying to pick out something to wear!

Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, and the like weren't exactly a normal guys either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
nyc;2410790 said:
I don't know anything about Leach, but if you look back. Some of the smartest men to walk the earth have been "odd and quirky".

Albert Einstein would always put his shoes on the wrong foot, used to stick his tongue out when he had his picture taken, wouldn't ever comb his hair, and had a closet full of the same clothes because he would freak out trying to pick out something to wear!

Abraham Lincoln, Bill Gates, and the like weren't exactly a normal guys either.

That's the reason they never coached football.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I had no idea that Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo was even considered to be available.

If he is, Jerra should move and earth and hire him as HC.
As for Jason, if he is as smart as I think he is, he won't mind honing his skills as OC/assistant HC for several years while Spagnuolo works his defensive magic.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Chief;2410750 said:
Yep, apparently Leach wanted that job.

I like Leach and his damn the torpedoes approach to football.
However, in college he can treat his players like dog slick and get away with it. But his style would not go down easily among millionaire player men.
He'll hate a tough row to hoe in the NFL.