DMN Blog: Cowboys-Giants Live Pre-game chat NOW - Witten will play

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys-Giants pregame chat

12:30 PM Sun, Nov 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Fire away with your questions. We'll start answering a couple hours before kickoff.

Link: http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/11/cowboysgiants-pregame-chat.html

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1:19 Tim MacMahon: We've arrived in the Giants Stadium press box, high above Jimmy Hoffa's final resting place. Calvin "Lucky" Watkins will join me soon.

We just watched Jason Witten, dressed in sweats, run around a little bit and get down in his three-point stance several times while TE coach John Garrett watched. No word on whether he'll play yet, but it's clear that he's doing everything possible to get on the field despite a broken rib.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Meh. I'd rather see Martellus than a beat up Witten.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
1:39[Comment From Casey]
I think that witten if he plays as well as bennett should have good games, witten seems to really play well when he goes against Pierce

1:40 Calvin Watkins: I'm not sure if Witten plays today. He might need another week to rest that rib. Bennett is unproven. He has the skills but we're not sure if he can make plays.

1:41 Tim MacMahon: We just got word from Todd Archer that Witten is playing. I wouldn't expect Witten to put up big stats, though. With statuesque Brad Johnson in the pocket and the offensive line struggling, the Cowboys will probably need their tight ends to help in pass protection more than usual, especially since the Giants lead the league in sacks. That's what happened with Witten here last season, when he had only two catches for 12 yards.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1:41 Tim MacMahon: We just got word from Todd Archer that Witten is playing. I wouldn't expect Witten to put up big stats, though. With statuesque Brad Johnson in the pocket and the offensive line struggling, the Cowboys will probably need their tight ends to help in pass protection more than usual, especially since the Giants lead the league in sacks. That's what happened with Witten here last season, when he had only two catches for 12 yards.

1:42 Calvin Watkins: Ok, Witten is playing. That's good news. How effective will he be, is unknown. He might have to block more because of the Giants pass rush coming off the edge.

Nav22

Reaction score
Awesome!

I love the message this sends, too. We're not laying down today and rushing to the bye week. We're going for the WIN today.

If I can give it my all with a broken ****** rib, you DAMN WELL better give it your all if you're healthy.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
1:41 PM Sun, Nov 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Todd Archer reports that Pro Bowl TE Jason Witten will tough it out today on a broken rib.

We're not sure what kind of extra protection Witten will wear. That could be a concern when he catches the ball.

While Witten didn't practice all week, I reckon we can't be too surprised that he's playing today. After all, he's only missed one game in his career, and he came back two weeks later after breaking his jaw.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Jason Witten will play" has no entry tags.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
After his tough love message to Bennett and Curtis this past week, was there any doubt?

The guy is the true warrior, and leader, on this team.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I love the guy, and he's my favorite player on this team, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. If he aggravates his ribs, or injures more of them, I'm going to be pissed.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I don't know, I don't like it. I rather Witten sit down then risk it. I still have funny feeling about this game, but I have heard time believing Cowboys will win this game, even if I have "Feeling" about it.

Cowboys don't need Witten gone for any long time.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
nooooooooooooooo!!!!!! if Witten gets hurt even worse I hope Jerry fires Wade.

Reaction score
Achozen;2389928 said:
Meh. I'd rather see Martellus than a beat up Witten.

I definitely agree... Witten should get healthy and come back along with Romo, Newman and the rest of the mash unit after the bye week!