DMN Blog: Cowboys-Giants Live Pre-game chat NOW - Witten will play

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Injured further?

What is he going to do break his rib further?

The worst thing he can have happen is to break more ribs, which can happen now or two week against the skins. So in reality your not losing anything in playing him. The only question on him playing was can he handle the pain enough to play at a high level. Further injury is not even a question.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dargonking999;2390128 said:
Injured further?

What is he going to do break his rib further?

Actually, yes. Sooo, basically, you're post is completely incorrect. Sorry 'bout your luck.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
tomson75;2390148 said:
Actually, yes. Sooo, basically, you're post is completely incorrect. Sorry 'bout your luck.

Ok how do you break a rib further?

If you mean break more ribs, then i can see that. But he will be in the same spot he was this week. Needing rest. And the point of the flak jacket is to prevent that. Which again brings me to my point. Further injury is not what the coaches were really worried about. Whether or not he can perform with the pain is the real question.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dargonking999;2390157 said:
Ok how do you break a rib further?

If you mean break more ribs, then i can see that. But he will be in the same spot he was this week. Needing rest. And the point of the flak jacket is to prevent that. Which again brings me to my point. Further injury is not what the coaches were really worried about. Whether or not he can perform with the pain is the real question.

There are several types and severities of fractures. It's VERY common to fracture a bone and compound the problem by breaking it even further. You could have a hairline fracture and turn it into a compound, or more severe fracture, far more easily than if you let the bone heal properly.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
tomson75;2390170 said:
There are several types and severities of fractures. It's VERY common to fracture a bone and compound the problem by breaking it even further. You could have a hairline fracture and turn it into a compound, or more severe fracture, far more easily than if you let the bone heal properly.

Which is what the jacket is for.

The only question today was whether or not he could deal with the pain. Had we had another game next week. He most likely would have been de-activated. But since we have a bye next week, the main question was could handle the pain. Which has been answered

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dargonking999;2390184 said:
Which is what the jacket is for.

The only question today was whether or not he could deal with the pain. Had we had another game next week. He most likely would have been de-activated. But since we have a bye next week, the main question was could handle the pain. Which has been answered

I've never worn one of those jackets, but I doubt it's an ideal solution. I hope they do a good enough job of protecting those ribs, because they're on the best player on this football team. Losing Witten for any extended period of time would be catastrophic. I'd also hope that Bennett would be capable of filling in for a game.

Let's hope you're right.