DMN: Blog: Cowboys next signing should be?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1833476 said:
Rb Michael Turner will be our FA target .......Wade wants him

Yea, I think Wade is going to raid the Charger's roster also.

Now that Clevland is all but in the playoffs, Jerry can stop having wet dreams about McFadden.

Bring in Turner at RB and let him and Barber rotate. Then we can use our two late ones on CB and WR.:D

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Next signing shoud be me, no position, no responsibility nothing. Just collect game checks.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Cbz40;1833237 said:
Cowboys next signing should be?

5:16 PM Fri, Dec 14, 2007 | Permalink
Todd Archer

The Cowboys have taken care of Tony Romo and now Jay Ratliff before they could test any kind of free agency.

Who's next?

Patrick Crayton? Ken Hamlin? Flozell Adams? They are scheduled to be unrestricted free agents when the season ends.

Marion Barber? Chris Canty? They are scheduled to be restricted free agents when the season ends?

Terence Newman? Terrell Owens? They are scheduled to be free agents after the '08 season.
Flo! We MUST protect this (Romo) house!!!

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1833342 said:
why did you let this post happen?

What are you even talking about?

Dude...we have more UFA/RFA than Zrinkill's dog has fleas.

This should have been taken care of by our GM.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Give him the big bucks:
  • Terrance Newman

Please keep them - just don't break the bank:
  • Chris Canty
  • Marion Barber

Pay them if the price is right:
  • Patrick Crayton
  • Ken Hamlin

Let Pro-bowlers on the downside of the careers go! It rarely pays to re-sign guys like this:
  • T.O.
  • Flozell

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Let Pro-bowlers on the downside of the careers go! It rarely pays to re-sign guys like this:
  • T.O.
  • Flozell

TO is playing as good as he ever has. To suggest hes even starting to decline is laughable.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Hamlin.

Feels good to know you have a guy back there that isn't going to routinely give up the big play over his head, allows our defense to be flexible. BP wasn't calling vanilla defenses last year because he liked getting gashed, he just couldn't trust the secondary. Hamlin allows you to call plays that attack, not read and react.

noletime95

Reaction score
I understand the concern over all the FA's, but let's keep this in perspective. The RFA's are not going anywhere unless Dallas doesn't want them. Canty and Barber could get 1st and 3rd round tenders, which would be CHEAPER than giving them long term extensions. For this reason, I'm actually a bit suprised Jerry focused on Ratliff, who also wasn't going anywhere. Its the UFA's that matter......

Flo-good canidate for the franchise tag if he doesn't want a 3-year deal at say 20 Mil or a bit more. If Franchising him is going to piss him off to much, let him walk.

Crayton- This year was his opportunity to prove he's worth decent $$$....he's done that. He's stayed pretty healthy and produced....staying healthy had been an issue for him. Reportedely, negotiations are taking place. If he wanted #2 WR money, Jerry did the right thing making him proving his worth.

Hamlin- A 1 year deal was signed to provide a FS stop gap, so obviously he's an UFA next year. Reports were that Dallas wanted a 2-year deal. Hamlin wanted to prove his worth for one year and risk it. So far, it appears it will pay off for Hamlin either in Dallas or somewhere else. He's played well, though I don't think he's worth huge bucks. All comes down to how much $$$.

Keith Davis- Important ST's player. I think he stays at the end of the day, we'll see.

Reeves- No one knew he was worth extending until this year. This will all come down to dollars.....if he gets starter $$$ at CB, Dallas let's him walk.

Nate Jones & Julius Jones- Probably gone. JJ wants a feature role.

I don't see the gross mismanagement here that others are suggesting. A few of these players have just proven they are worth a decent contract this year. Flo is getting old. Every single UFA can be explained by circumstance.

burmafrd

Reaction score
RFA's are NOT a problem. UFA's are.
Crayton MAY get a real juicy offer from some WR needy team. We need to let him get his offers and see if we want to match.
The Hotel - this one could be tricky. We franchised him once before; then gave him a big deal. He still should be very good for another 3-4 years so it depends on two things: how much he wants and how much confidence the team has in McQ and Free.
Colombo is the one not mentioned. That also depends on how much he wants and once again how we feel about Free and McQ. For all out nastiness and grit you cannot beat Colombo and I really want to keep him.

dallasfan

Reaction score
panchucko;1833496 said:
Next signing shoud be me, no position, no responsibility nothing. Just collect game checks.

they would, but the "manning" type deal they're in negotiatians with me for is gonna kill the cap. sorry guys, gotta get my money.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We have really the next 2 years to lock up Newman, Barber, Canty, Colombo.
This year we have to make decisions on Flo, Crayton, Hamlin. We have already locked up the Rat, and the rest of the O line and James and of course ROMO. Roy to but meh.
So really the HARD decision will be on the Hotel. Hamlin will be looked at depending on how much he wants- crayton too. Of the two I want Hamlin more because of the trouble we have had in the seconday.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
eduncan22;1833261 said:
Why did Jerry let this happen?

:confused:

damn him for getting the roster loaded with good young players again!

what the hell was he thinking?

:rolleyes:

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1833476 said:
Rb Michael Turner will be our FA target .......Wade wants him

care to wager on that?

Turner is not coming here, nor would I want us to waste the $$$ to get him

if they want him, they should just resign Jones instead...they can stay avg to abv avg with a guy who already knows our system and has proven that he can have big games on occassion...Turner's proven that he can come in late in blowout games and gain a few yds

David

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1833606 said:
TO is playing as good as he ever has. To suggest hes even starting to decline is laughable.

I cant believe that someone would mention dropping TO especially by saying hes on the decline. Have the seen TO since a star was on his helmet?

Haha!. TO is playing on another level right now, the only other receiver with his production is Moss. If it werent for Moss blowing up with Brady this year TO would be leading the league in recption touchdowns for the second year in a row.

And about Turner I dont think that Jerry would spend the money that hes going to want. Obviously he saw that san diego was asking for a 1st and 3rd round pick last year.

What are your thoughts on Graham.I really like what he has done in TB this year coming off the bench and making an impact. whats his contract situation like. I read that Cadillac wont be ready for training camp and possibly the preseaso. They have Pittmann and they also traded a draft pick to KC for michael bennett earlier this year when cadillac went down.

conner01

Reaction score
no worries on the rfa's, you can do them during next year once you know how much you have left.flo is a tough one because we don't know about free and mcq. but i would say in this order
crayton
hamlin
reeves
deep snapper
davis
hamlin could get some big offers so he could be tough plus he really has no ties to the team other than being from the area..
crayton is better and more important than some give him credit for. reeves could get starter money but i would hate to loose all our experiensed depth in one off season at cb

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Awakened;1833605 said:
  • T.O.
  • Flozell
Wow ...... Some people have no clue.