DMN: Blog: Crayton sounds off

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
December 2, 2007

Crayton sounds off

Tim MacMahon’s favorite player, WR Patrick Crayton, just appeared on ESPN’s NFL Countdown and, in his best pro-athlete speak, said that the Green Bay win now means about as much as any of the other 10 of them.

That’s to say, it’s a step towards, not an arrival at, the ultimate goal.

“All it really meant is that we made the playoffs,” Crayton said on the heels of his two-touchdown effort against the Packers. “We haven’t achieved anything yet.”

The talkative playmaker seemed to tier the season, saying that the next goal is to secure home-field advantage through the NFC playoffs. And there’s no question Crayton thinks the offense is plenty good enough to make that happen – a group he says has its eye on the end zone on every down.

“That’s our attitude every time go on field,” Crayton said. “It’s not like we’re just going out here and trying to put some points on the board. We’re trying to get six every time.”

And it wouldn’t be an ESPN interview with Crayton without the 11-0 Patriots coming up. Yes, the receiver said, he wants another piece of them, though this time he refrained from using parts of canine anatomy to describe the team that beat his squad in October.

“We hope we meet them again,” Crayton said. “They’re the so-called best. … You always want to play against the best.”

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 12:18 PM (E-mail this entry)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
December 2, 2007

5 to watch

With the Cowboys shelved again (starting to seem like they're a college team with all these Sundays off), here are five games to keep an eye on:
1. NY Giants at Chicago (Ch. 4, 3:15 p.m.): If the Giants lose, the Cowboys will lock up their first NFC East title in nine years. But here’s a thought: Since that already seems like a forgone conclusion, would you rather see the defending conference champ one step closer to playoff elimination?
2. Seattle at Philadelphia (Ch. 4, Noon): Your chance to root, root, root for the Eagles. Eliminated from the division race, Philly can help the Cowboys move one step closer to securing a first-round bye by knocking off the NFC West leaders.
3. Tampa Bay at New Orleans (3:15 p.m.): It’s actually feasible that the Cowboys will have a chance to lock up that bye by simply winning next week. If both the Seahawks and Bucs lose this week, all the Cowboys will need to do to get a week off is beat Detroit. Of course, since that seems like a near-certainty, maybe this plays out like the Giants game – you probably wouldn’t mind seeing the dangerous Saints, now 5-6, closer to being out of the picture.
4. Detroit at Minnesota (Noon): The Lions are on the ropes, having lost three straight, and it’s worth watching this to see whether or not they start to get their act together in advance of next week’s game. Plus, getting another look at Adrian Peterson isn’t a bad sidelight.
5. Jacksonville at Indianapolis (Ch. 11, Noon): I wrestled with putting Cleveland here, because of the draft implications. But that seems like it’s going to be matter of having a pick between 20 and 25 somewhere, so I’ll round out the Top 5 by putting the best game on the board, by far, this week here.

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 11:44 AM (E-mail this entry)

Givincer

Reaction score
Cbz40;1806375 said:
December 2, 2007

5 to watch

With the Cowboys shelved again (starting to seem like they're a college team with all these Sundays off), here are five games to keep an eye on:
1. NY Giants at Chicago (Ch. 4, 3:15 p.m.): If the Giants lose, the Cowboys will lock up their first NFC East title in nine years. But here’s a thought: Since that already seems like a forgone conclusion, would you rather see the defending conference champ one step closer to playoff elimination?

No.

The Giants scare me more than any other team in the NFC. I'd rather see the Giants one step closer to "playoff elimination" than the mighty Chicago Bears.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I saw that interview on ESPN’s NFL Countdown and Crayton handled himself well with appropriate answers. :cool:

manimal

Reaction score
What parts of the canine anatomy are they talking about. The only thing I can think of canines have that we don't is tails.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Givincer;1806460 said:
No.

The Giants scare me more than any other team in the NFC. I'd rather see the Giants one step closer to "playoff elimination" than the mighty Chicago Bears.

Giants aren't looking that great against the Bears, but............

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I could care less about the bears getting into the post season cause they're irrelevent. The Giants scare me the most of teams to face in the playoffs

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
so Crayton has 8 TDs on the year? when was the last time we had 2 receivers w/ double-digit TDs?