DMN Blog: DeMarcus Ware isn't dominating like he can

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
vlad;2314058 said:
I've been saying that about Garrett for a while. I wondered if it was Sparano that was actually the guy making it happen. You have to remember the year before Garret got here our offense was looking very strong. Looking at Miami now, they are playing some creative ball.

I still don't know why we have to run TO on 15 yard patterns every time. What happened with moving him around the line in motion and running west-coast drag/slants?

Watching the NY team, they are just mean and nasty and play with passion and fire. I feel like they are a street team whereas we are a country club team. We need some attitude!

Garrett >>> Sparano as an offensive coach, and it isnt even close IMO

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Ware will start getting more pressure when other players on our D start get consistent pressure. As it is now, there's no need for teams to not focus on Ware. And I think he's being a bit hard on himself about getting pressure, he's left at least three more sacks on the field. I love the attitude though.

Also, there are 31 players who have 3 or more sacks. Of those 31 players, Ware is third on the list for total tackles. The guy is a beast and he's playing like one this year.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Ware really needs to develop his under rip move. He gets the lineman going backwards but he needs to get into him and get the under rip towards the qb. Too many time he just tries to out quick the guy with a spin under or some other form of dancing. He just needs put some power on the guy after he gets him off balance. Power rip or bullrush when he is shifting for the speed rush. Obviously this is easier said than done, but it seems like he is always afraid of losing contain and doesn't want to risk getting underneath the qb.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WoodysGirl;2313931 said:
I've been reading Ellis and Spencer are being used alot more in coverage which reduces their pass rushing opportunities..

If thats true ..... that pisses me off.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
wayne motley;2313919 said:
I love Ware, but it might help if he learned to anything other than just speed rush around the end.

Also, the OT and TE or RB are always supposedly blocking Ware, but sometimes he's blocked all alone by the OT. The bottom line, in my mind, is this:

That leaves the C on Ratliff, possibly with help from an OG and the other OT on one of the DE's and the final OG alone on our other DE. Obviously, both of our DE's suck so badly that neither of them can beat the OG man on man and get to the QB on Ware's side...that's pathetic.

Ware needs more diversity in his repertoire, but the DE's have to be able to win a battle against an OG a few times a game, right?

I could swear Ware got the sack last week using a great spin move, or maybe the week before.

Just saying, he has more but I guess he doesnt use it enough.

Reaction score
I wish Ware would perfect another move besides the speed rush because he's being pushed outside too much...

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I appreciate DeMarcus Ware staying hungry and being humble. However, he is on a 16 sack pace. Plus, he will have intentional groundings called because of him, and those are really sacks. They used to be sacks.

However, he has been playing well. He has been stout against the run. He has been stout in coverage. His motor never stops.

Teams are scared to hold the ball and go deep. They have been using three step drops, two step drops, and one step drops against Dallas. Ware is seeing double teams through out the game. Portis was waiting for Ware when he looped to the inside. Teams are max protecting at a very high rate against this Dallas pass rush.

Also, the "garbage sacks" are happening when the other team has to throw the ball down the field at the end of the game. That gives Ware more time, and his hustle has earned those sacks.

The one against the Eagles helped save the game, and pretty much ended the game. The one yesterday pretty much stuck a dagger through the Bengals.

Ware missed one on Campbell he would like to have back, but his play has been outstanding. McNabb stepped out of one, but he will do that to the best of them.

I wouldn't trade DeMarcus Ware for anyone! You don't have to worry about him. DeMarcus Ware is relentless, and he will not be denied. They can't run forever.

I think Ware will get to Warner, too. The streak is going to continue. Ware needs Anthony Spencer to play and become a threat on the other side. This, in my opinion, is the key to a Super Bowl run.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313678 said:
DeMarcus Ware isn't dominating like he can

2:30 PM Mon, Oct 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Don't be fooled by his five sacks in five games, a few of which have come during garbage time. DeMarcus Ware isn't pleased with his play this season.

"I ain't even thinking about that, man," Ware said when asked about his streak of eight straight games with a sack. "I need to get more pressure on the quarterback."

Every team the Cowboys play tweaks its blocking scheme to account for Ware. Sometimes it's with a running back chipping him or a tight end staying in to help against him. The Bengals opted to slide the offensive line his way in pass protection, essentially forcing him to rely exclusively on his outside move.

Ware won't use the extra attention as an excuse. The NFL's most dominant pass rushers get to the quarterback no matter what, and that's the standard he's holding himself to.

"I've just got to find a way to get there," he said.

Comments (6) Leave comment | E-mail entry

maybe the coaches can get creative a little bit ? have him spencer and Ellis on the field more ware to the Inside behind ratliff do something exotic.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
41gy#;2315220 said:
I appreciate DeMarcus Ware staying hungry and being humble. However, he is on a 16 sack pace. Plus, he will have intentional groundings called because of him, and those are really sacks. They used to be sacks.

However, he has been playing well. He has been stout against the run. He has been stout in coverage. His motor never stops.

Teams are scared to hold the ball and go deep. They have been using three step drops, two step drops, and one step drops against Dallas. Ware is seeing double teams through out the game. Portis was waiting for Ware when he looped to the inside. Teams are max protecting at a very high rate against this Dallas pass rush.

Also, the "garbage sacks" are happening when the other team has to throw the ball down the field at the end of the game. That gives Ware more time, and his hustle has earned those sacks.

The one against the Eagles helped save the game, and pretty much ended the game. The one yesterday pretty much stuck a dagger through the Bengals.

Ware missed one on Campbell he would like to have back, but his play has been outstanding. McNabb stepped out of one, but he will do that to the best of them.

I wouldn't trade DeMarcus Ware for anyone! You don't have to worry about him. DeMarcus Ware is relentless, and he will not be denied. They can't run forever.

I think Ware will get to Warner, too. The streak is going to continue. Ware needs Anthony Spencer to play and become a threat on the other side. This, in my opinion, is the key to a Super Bowl run.

EXACTLY. Spot on analysis. If ware gets that sack against Campbell (where he escapes and hits Moss for the big gain) then that would have been 4 game saving sacks, all at the END or PIVOTAL point of the game, when a big play was needed most.

Ware will start getting multiple sack games when Ellis or Spencer become more of a consistent pass rushing threat, OR if the offense rediscovers its potency and starts building the BIG leads earlier, forcing teams to HAVE to look for the big passing plays to keep up.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Plus, Ware has played against two Pro Bowlers.

Chad Cliffton is a good tackle, and Thomas of the Eagles is good. Chris Samuels is one of the best in the NFL, and Ware gets a sack against him just about every time he plays him. The Bengals LT is a good tackle.

The DEs need to pick up some slack and get some sacks at some point in the year.

Anthony Spencer is the joker.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Ware's run defense was much better in this game but his pass rush was non-existent up until his garbage time sack. He still doesn't look right.

MONT17

Reaction score
This team is killing ware @ the end of the game I have no idea how ware chases the qb down he looks completely gasd. It makes me wanna suit up and try to help Ware out myself

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Ware is on pace for 16 sacks, and he hasn't even had a good game rushing the passer yet. Kurt Warner should be very, very worried.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2315388 said:
Ware's run defense was much better in this game but his pass rush was non-existent up until his garbage time sack. He still doesn't look right.

Is there such a thing as garbage time when the game is still in the balance? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2315388 said:

Agreed..... The burst and quickness just isn't there this year.....

He needs to be singing less ..."Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes...":rolleyes:

vlad

Reaction score
dbair1967;2314071 said:
Garrett >>> Sparano as an offensive coach, and it isnt even close IMO

What do you base that on? Last year Sparano was here helping him, and the talent has grown every year, undeniably this is the most talented offensive team we've had in a while. I like Garrett a lot, and I hope he is what we want him to be, but the stretch last year, the playoffs, and the play calling these past few games has been suspect imho.

Anyway, offense isn't really our problem, we need to get nasty, perhaps we just don't have the players to do it.