DMN: BLOG: Difference between Cowboys and Giants Ds, by Clinton Portis

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
juckie;2415217 said:
bak to a simple 4-3 campo defense.these guys are too stupid starting with bradie.

Few things were as simple as Parcells' version of the 3-4, and the players still struggled.

Everson24

Reaction score
Zman5;2415117 said:
This has been going on for long time. Even when Parcells was here. I'm sure coaching has something to do with it but I also think we just have dumb players.

I really believe this is why Bill Parcells quit. He knew they were dumb and and just didn't want to deal with it another season.

I'll never forget him saying "I cant teach them anything they're too stupid" after a game against the Giants.

grogan6314

Reaction score
If you take Anthony Henry's geriatric arse off the field, this defense immediately becomes better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The problem is that this isn't just a Wade defense or Stewart defense thing. This finger pointing, and arguing, goes back to even when BP was here. I mean I remember a PC that BP had after a game, I believe it was against the Saints, where he made some comment about how he couldn't teach them to fix their communication problems because they were too dumb to learn it.

If I remember right it was the Saints game after they allowed a FB to catch 3 TD passes on pretty much the same route and they never adjusted properly.

Also if I remember right the next couple of games after that the teams we faced used their fullbacks in similar fashion and killed us as well.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I wonder what Jamal Lewis would say if you asked him the same question... since the Dallas defense held them to 10 points, and they put up 35 on the Giants.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Kilyin;2415457 said:
I wonder what Jamal Lewis would say if you asked him the same question... since the Dallas defense held them to 10 points, and they put up 35 on the Giants.

Statistical outlier? Assuming Mr. Lewis is familiar with the term.:)

odog422

Reaction score
I guess they really are just dumb. Every other defense under Phillips improved dramatically the second season in his defense. Remember how we were all talking about that in the offseason thinking we would finally have a dominant D?

They've regressed. Some of it I'm sure has to do with Wade not actually coaching the D. But to me, I'm just left with either really dumb players, or players who simply don't do the work in the classroom. Probably a combination of both.

I've yet to see as a whole these guys take on the responsibility to improve themselves. What a letdown.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2415116 said:
As much as I don't like the Skins, I respect and agree with Portis.

Me too, and it gets worst when another player in the same division, who plays the same position, says the the same thing:bang2:

gocowboys25

Reaction score
Hmmm....2 things I'd like to point out
Not practicing till weds win or lose
AND
Not wearing pads and hitting during practice

I wonder how much of the problem is just in that they lost their confidence. Once teams started exposing their major weakness and learning what few plays the d runs all the time, Dallas became very beatable. Really scary how you can go from 3-0 to 5-4 in such a short time.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying we have dumb players but this could be just 1 or 2 that are screwing everything up.

Hamlin was not here when BP was, was he?

We all know that Roy has always struggled with the mental aspect. Keith Davis is not any better in that aspect

And Bradie has always had the wrap that he was confused a lot of the time.

So, I think we need to concentrate on those 2 areas!